Steam Autumn Sale 2011!

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Trebor, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

They probably call it that even though it more likely occurs in reference to Americas Black Friday (and/or Cyber Monday)! Yes it's that time again to increase your Steam Games list with titles you'll probably not get round to playing for one reason or another (Skyrim anyone?). Some choice deals to be had too. More info here: Welcome to Steam. Let us know if anything interests you or if you know of anymore choice deals from anywhere else.

I am quite interested in getting Starcraft 2 digitally from Battle.net but it's only $29.99 for American customers (£44.99 for me in the UK, what a rip off!). I could buy it but the region would be locked into playing peeps in the US only. Anyone know if it's worth getting for the SP only, or whether the pings I'd be getting would be worth it if I wanted to try MP?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Is the game really locked in to playing people in the country you reside in? PC gaming has really gone down hill over the last few year, region locking, no LAN play in a lot of titles (including Starcraft 2) and no dedicated servers.

Ping wise i guess you would be alight in an RTS, unlike an FPS i doubt a slightly higer ping is going to affect the game massively, I could be wrong having not played any online for years but i don't see it mattering as much.

As for Steam deals, i already own too many games on there so i'm not looking for any atm. Apparently Duke Nukem forever was a fiver yesterday though.

Trebor likes this.
  3. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

With Starcraft 2 you are indeed Region Locked :(

However its worth every penny at full price ;) Longest iv ever played an SP Campaign in a game for a long time... 40 levels and 20+ hours of gameplay!

I'd suggest getting a cheap retail copy however and putting your key into Battle.net. Same benefits as a Digital Copy, but cheaper.

Trebor likes this.