The OnePlus One - High End Phone for $300

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by InsaneNutter, Apr 25, 2014.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

composition-main.jpg

Has anyone heard of the One phone by OnePlus? this is a high end phone with a better spec than anything out today, at half the price!

Hardware wise, it includes a Snapdragon 801 (2.5ghz) with 3 GB RAM, a 3100 mAh battery, a 5.5" 1080p display, a 13 MP Sony Exmor camera. Two options exist for storage, 16GB and 64GB. The phone will not feature a MicroSD card slot.

Thats a better spec than the Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, iPhone 5s and any Nexus Phone. Yet you could purchase two of them for the cost of one iPhone 5s!

The One was announced at the prices of $299 and $349 for the 16GB and 64GB models respectively, apparently you will be able to register your interest to purchase the phone from today.

Official website: Home - OnePlus.net
    Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/oneplusofficial

Let's just say i'm very interested, however want to read some more reviews first.

2. johngear

johngear New Member

The OnePlus One looks like a great and cheap phone, but with this wierd invite system some people will never be able to get their hands on one.

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Indeed that's been annoying me, I've been looking out for an invite for the last two months with no luck.

The phone is readily available in China however, and its easy enough to flash the English version of Android on to the phone (you can download it directly from the Cyanogen website). With that in mind I have purchased a 64gb version from AliExpress for less than it actually would cost to buy directly from OnePlus, with no silly invite required either.

AliExpress hold your money in escrow too, so the seller doesn't actually get your money until you confirm the order has been received and is working as expected. So basically like Ebay, the seller has an incentive to offer you a good service.

Just keep in mind if you do purchase the Chinese one it will be no good to use if your in North / South America or Canada as it doesn't support the LTE bands used over there. However if your in Europe / Australia the Chinese version of the phone supports the LTE bands in use over here, so it make's no real difference if you have the Chinese version of the OnePlus or the International version.

331olte.jpg

It's also worth mentioning that if your in the UK neither the International or Chinese One Plus support LTE band 20, meaning you can only get 4g on EE or Three over here in the UK.

Not a problem to me again as no mobile network offers 4g where i live or work anyway, plus im on Three so if / when 4g is rolled out in my area i can use 4g.