1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Theme Hospital [Full Version Download + Multiplayer Patch + Windows Vista/7 Support]

Discussion in 'Games' started by CurlySteve, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Kim91

Kim91 New Member

Ok I think I spoke too soon, it is freezing on the screen with the board at the very beginning

2. Pantamorph

Pantamorph Member

Hmm...About the resolution...You didn't specify exactly what laptop you are using, so I can't help you there...
    Usually laptops have the following screen resolutions: 1200x800 (16:10) and 1366x768 (16:9), but if you have an expensive model, you might have a bigger one here...
    Color depth is something left from the days when the sky was blue, the grass was green and Hexen II was the BEST game you could ever imagine having :D
    Well...That means that there are only 2 color depth settings on modern computers: 16bit (65536 colors) and 32bit (16 million colors), no need to say that 99% of all PC users use 32bit depths :)
    I haven't played this game, so I don't really know what else I can do, but if you really need help, I'll try it and see what I can do ;)

3. tweedy88

tweedy88 New Member

hey waht am i doind wrong then coz i cant get it to work :( please help me!!! x

i cant get my theme hospital to run i have the disc but a 64bit windows 7 and it keeps saying its not compatible i have tried everything please help me someone x

4. Gavin Kippins

Gavin Kippins New Member

Confuddled

I always get the message 'failed to initialise VRES256 screen' ???

I'm all new to this stuff! lol

5. cryogenics80

cryogenics80 New Member

hi i downloaded this and it still says CD ROM REQUIRED when i start the .exe file. Any assistance? that can explain in laymans terms??? lol

6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Its all explained in the first post, then multiple times after that if you read the thread.

7. isidora

isidora New Member

Hi guys :)
    I have tried installing as described in the first post (also, I have read the entire thread) and I can't get it to work properly - once the game loads, my mouse gets stuck a lot and I can't play, and the graphic is all messed up - pixelated and colors are not right. I have played this otherwise fantastic game some 10 yrs ago and I remember it fondly, it's one of the first strategies I have ever played. I have W7/64 and when I tried to reset the screen resolution to 800x600 it loaded the game to full wide screen is if I didn't change it at all, all I did was mess up my desktop. I honestly haven't a clue how to solve the ''slow mouse'' problem, other than that, it's pretty much fine. Help anyone? Also, I don't think that the game is installed at all, I can't seem to find it in /control panel/programs and features/ when I tried to uninstall it and possibly reinstall, but when I start it from c:hospital/hospital.exe it seems to be working, as described above. How's that possible? What did I do wrong?

Thank you for taking the time and posting the game and bothering with explaining what seems to be the simplest thing on earth to a bunch of apparent noobs :)

Cheers :)))

8. isidora

isidora New Member

I do what? Noob here, please explain in more detail, what am I doing there? What's a ''batch file''? Do I create it myself?

9. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

If i'm not mistaken, create a word document and copy and paste
    After you do that save the file with .bat at the end of it to make it a batch file.

Or you could just try this out, it should work. Remember to unrar and put it in the hospital folder.

Attached Files:

10. suhailafakri

suhailafakri New Member

eroor

i tried running the hospital.exe but an error pops up saying "Language setup fails". help!:(

11. neko.lazor

neko.lazor New Member

need help!

I downloaded the game and used winrar and it is playable for me ^_^ but I still have a few problems... the bat file helped with the mouse lag, but I've still got messed up and sometimes inverted colors, cheat codes arnt working, and I cant save!! The save problem is what really bothers me. I can save while I'm in the game but if I close out of the window the data is lost. Please help! :< I'm running on windows 7 on a laptop, and I've set the screen resolution to 800x600. Sorry Im kinda a noob >.<

12. akira_uk

akira_uk New Member

Thank you, works perfectly!

13. 'Nana Chan

'Nana Chan New Member

mouse still lags!

help!
    everything works fine for, all but, the mouse lag!
    i'm tried saving the .bat file but it is still lagging!
    please help!!! i even tried dosbox but it says it's not a dos application!!! HELP!

14. spidermanson

spidermanson New Member

Thanks for putting this up. I downloaded it onto my old pc, but it never really worked. The only problem i am having is the same as some above. I have placed the batch file somebody handily placed on here, howver still finding alot of mouse lag. I suppose it does give a realistic experience. I think i had this for my amiga when i was younger in the days when mouse balls where used and they were so unresponsive. You had to keep lifting the mouse up to get the ball to register, but if anyone could source the mouse issue's on windows 7, it would be much appreciated. once again thanks for everyones help in the forums.

15. acey86

acey86 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ok, im on windows 7 (in no computer whiz so i dont really get them) just downloaded the theme hospital file, followed the directions la-d-da-d-da etc etc. all works fine, except the colours. i realise its a DOS, and im running 7, so there might be some issues. but these are bad...the photos above are printscreens, but they dont actually look like what it looks like (im not sure how that works either) basically the game is pixelated (i can live with) but fluoro green, yellow, very harsh, bright (hurts your eyes)
    the game doesnt seem TOO bad. the trees are tinted fluoro green/yellow etc, and when you hit pause it turns fluoro purple...

[​IMG]

the black zones shown ARENT black on my screen - just to make that note - its actually a mix of red, yellow, green, white, cyan etc etc

anyone know how to get the colour to show up as normal or am i stuck with it like this?
    annoying cos ive played the game since it was released, but having moved several times, can no longer find the disc (i know its SOMEWHERE...but where?!)

umm, my laptops specs (read from sticker still on the machine)
    VGA: Intel GMA 4500MHD up to 1244 MB
    laptop running windows 7, 14" LED screen 16:9 HD format
    intel core 2 solo processor SU3500 (1.4GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
    4 GB DDR3 memory
    approx: 12months old
    320 GB HDD

16. Melissah Steve Burt

Melissah Steve Burt New Member

Thank you for this. It works wonderfully.

I, too, had an issue with slight pixelation (nothing as extreme as the poster above me, however). I found that turning off shadows got rid of the odd tinge on some walls and around patients and doctors.

17. emily

emily New Member

sorry, don't want to sound like a complete idiot but i'm not finding it that easy to follow the instructions, when i open it in notepad it just comes out with letters and not the game... i've copied it into loads of different files but still when i try to run it there is some problem. i do have the cd but on windows 7 there is a problem with installing so i have downloaded many free versions of the game that are failing to work too, this is the most helpful website i've found so any information (in simple steps) would be appreciated :) thanks

18. Dartsnurse

Dartsnurse New Member

Hi AndymanSE8!
    Thanks for this...I can play without any mouse problems now...unfortunately I don't have any sound...got any ideas???
    Thanks,
    Dartsnurse

19. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

You can do it without having to edit anything if you place the game in C:\hospital

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope that helps anyone having problems, you basically need it in a folder on the C:\ drive called "hospital" then you can just load the game up and play, you only need to edit the config file if you wanted to keep the game else where, e.g. C:\games\hospital\

Attached Files:

20. VD4

VD4 New Member

Hi there,

been looking for that game for a while. Thanks a lot. It works perfectly on my system.

I just have one single question: Are there any other languages available? The config-file teases that you might change the language, but GER didn't work.