Top Gear Australia

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by InsaneNutter, Sep 29, 2008.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Based on the popular British version of Top Gear, Top Gear Australia looks to give a unique Aussie spin on the car scene while still having all thrills and spills that we all love. Plus there is the Stig's Australian cousin. What more could we ask for!

Series 1 Episode 1 Aired: Monday September 29, 2008
    In the first episode of Top Gear Australia, Charlie, Warren and Steve go all-wheel driving on the sand and snow. We get a glimpse at Lamborghini's new supercar, the LP560 and Charlie tests the latest Porsche 911. Warren gets up-close and personal with Great White Sharks off the coast of Port Lincoln using himself as bait and Vince Colosimo is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

I’ll be interested to see the bit with the Great White Sharks, that sounds like it will be a Top Gear Challenge!
    I’m very interested to see how it compares to the British Top Gear, I’m sure the Aussies won’t beat the British, but with the Stigs Australian cousin they might come close ;)

Edit – A kind Digiex member has created a torrent of this episode for us, Link

Attached Files:

2. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Ahh I love Top Gear. Thanks the the heads up on this.

3. InsaneNutter

I’ve just finished watching this, I wouldn’t say it bad but it’s not as good as the British Top Gear, I was a bit bored in some parts of it however they made up for it with the Shark challenge. I won’t spoil it for people who are planning on watching this however the snow bit was quite good too.

I didn’t really find the presenters very funny compared to Clarkson, Hammond and May... then again it is aimed at Australians and not people from the UK.

If the Australians are kind enough to upload next week’s episode Ill defiantly give it another watch, I think it will get better as the show becomes more established like the UK version.

4. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Does anyone know if they are doing anymore UK Top gears? I realy hope they are!

5. InsaneNutter

A new UK series starts on November 2nd, woohoo! not long to go.

6. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Very nice 1 Month to go. Can't wait. Thanks for the info.

7. Haloman

Haloman Addict

cant wait to see what jeremy, hammond and may think of the aussies.

8. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Can't wait to see what they look like Lol. Top Gear is my favourite show when it's on. I still watch the old ones on Dave.