Usb 2.0

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by Dark Scyth, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I need help. I think my USB ports are only 1.0 Despite my operating system being VISTA! I only get 2MB/s, shouldn't I get around 12MB/s with USB 2.0? What can I do to make them 2.0? Do I have to install a program?

It has Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader. It doesn't seem to be working very well, unless its for something else?

2. BonezOz

BonezOz Addict

Sydney, Australia, the greatest city in the World
    The only thing that I can think of to do is to make sure that the correct motherboard chipset drivers are installed. Also, you can go into the BIOS of the motherboard and somewhere in there will be the USB settings, make sure they are all set to USB 2.0 with legacy support.

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

It could also be a slow flash card your writing to, flash drives / memory sticks have different read and write speeds.

4. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Its my PSP that i'm hooking it up to. SanDisk 2GB Memory Stick. (Just got my 8GB five mintues ago.)

Transferring to the PSP it only goes 2.00MB/s from the PSP to PC its 6.00MB/s

WTF! My 8GB SanDisk Memory Stick is only getting a MB/s. I NEED HELP...WAY to slow.:'( (EDIT: HELLYES!!! i'm getting 223KB/s I LOVE THESE BLAZING SPEEDS! I hope everything just breaks right now.)
    (I officially hate ALL TECHNOLOGY)

After being angry and what not. I payed attention to the files if there are a lot of small files it takes FOREVER. Now i'm transferring 4 big files and they are transferring at 4.03 MB/s. Is that normal or not?

5. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I’ve noticed when copying files big files I always get quicker speeds compared to very small files, never really looked in to why this is. If you can write at 4MB to the memory stick that’s not too bad.

I can read from my PSP at 4MB and write to it at 2.50MB, I tested the micro sdhc card in my phone along with my 8gb usb pen drive and the PSP is by far the slowest device. (see atatched image)

As you can get speeds greater than 1MB (about 11mbps) usb 2 must be enabled.

Attached Files:

6. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Then it seems that my PC is USB 2.0. Thanks for the info!

When I small things on. The Universal Remote for the PSP for example. It has a LOT of small documents. All of the TXT file only equaled about 12kb. All the files combined was almost 7MB. When I transferred them, I would get speeds so slow it would even go speed so low like 5.5KB/s. (Thats when I got aggrivated, seeing how those speeds were EXTREMELY slow.)