1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Usbxtaf - Xbox 360 USB Storage Explorer (Xplorer) - UsbXtaf v45 Download

Discussion in 'Apps (PC)' started by InsaneNutter, Apr 7, 2010.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

UsbXtaf is an Xbox 360 usb drive explorer that works with USB flash drives and Xbox 360 hard drives. Usbxtaf Xbox 360 USB Storage Explorer can read and write to the FATX file system storage devices formatted by the Xbox 360 use.

This allows an Xbox 360 hard drive or usb memory stick to be connected to a computer, data on the Xbox 360's hard drive can be extracted and copied back to the Xbox 360 usb storage device with UsbXtaf Xbox 360 USB storage explorer.

This means Xbox 360 save games can be injected in to the memory stick, along with demo's and other Xbox 360 downloadable content.

By default windows pc's are not able to read storage devices formatted by the Xbox 360 console, however UsbXtaf will allow Xbox 360 storage devices to be accessed on Windows when connected by USB.

USB Xtaf Storage explorer was the first tool to be released back in 2010 capable of extracting data from usb drives which had been configured for storage on an Xbox 360. For the first time this allowed easier access to Xbox 360 content, without having to use often expensive adapters which enabled internal Xbox 360 hard drives to be connected to a computer.

usb-xtaf-gui-xbox-360-usb-storage.gif

Download UsbXtaf Xbox 360 USB Storage Explorer:

Download Xbox 360 USB Storage Xplorer - Xtaf v45

How to use UsbXtaf USB Storage Explorer?

USBXtaf is quite easy to use, however we have created a dedicated tutorial for anyone who happens to be having problems.

View: How To Inject Content Using Usb Xtaf v45

Change log - what's new / fixed on this version of UsbXtaf Xbox 360 USB Storage Explorer:

12/16/10
    Version 33: Multi cluster dirs fixed, newfolder() fixed for cache partition(and others), Null files now work, No wasting clusters by accident, removed game name(new xbox.com, doesnt work), disable cache option replacing broken log option ...., linux autoscan?

12/17/10
    Version 34: Experimental HDD support, HDD images, other minor fixes, Auto Xbox360 in manuall open
    Version 35: Fail misake leaving a debug call in left hdd support broken
    Version 36: Se7ensins kiddies are annoying (Digiex totally agrees)

12/19/10
    Version 37: Linux HDD support(experimental still), Autodetect Fixed(I think), Partial Overseek Checks
    Version 38: HDD oops, linux changes broke windows, fixed
    Version 39: HDD size calculation might have been wrong, if this breaks hdd support for you, there is an option under options to use the old algorythm. If this breaks it for you, please email me of file a bug report.
    Version 40: Well, global offset fail etcetc, compat partition on linux will come back later
    Version 41: I dont know, im not sure if it existed, if it did, it was a roll back of v39
    Version 42: Fixed the bug of all bugs(math error with large offsets). Should fix hdds, large files/partitions/ etc. Compat partition for linux and images will be back later. Linux cannot run release version due to obfuscation, i will try to fix that.

12/20/10
    Version 43: Better size calc, device selector
    Version 44: On access loading(doesen't load whole tree, for a speedup), HDD imageing(experimental), Drive dump, extract now works on root dir, double clicking listview folder will browse to it in the tree, some more UI stuff, etc.

Version 45:
    • Removed experimental features introduced
    • Updated support information and other links to point to proper domain
    • Source code is now maintained directly by GruntMods until slasherking823 returns
    • Updated presentation of XTAF today
    • Release notes are now more detailed and polished

stto_22, gatekeeper1122, Rick and 6 others like this.
  2. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

If only there was a GUI already. I could get to uploading tons of content. Hard drive is just so much work. Command prompt I can do, but would prefer a GUI. Besides apparently this app needs work.

3. Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman Active Member

Here's version 0.013, Still doesn't really do much yet.

4. xXDestroyerGRXx

xXDestroyerGRXx Active Member

Can u help me how to use the commands?

5. Captain Caveman

I haven't played with it much.. but I copied a game save to it and was able to see the files for MLB2K10.. i just injected update #2 to it and will try it shortly and see if see's the update..

6. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Its rather self explanatory and if you can't figure it out you might as well wait until they make a GUI version.

7. Pitsy

Pitsy New Member

any idea on when the bug's will be fixed ?

8. Captain Caveman

lol.. never? .. name me a perfect program..

9. black94mx

black94mx New Member

could put a tutorial to extract all files and as injectable

10. Pit

Pit Active Member

Brilliant program

11. sheerdandaman

sheerdandaman New Member

works great, it crashes randomly sometimes, and corrupted some files, but i backed up beforehand so it was all fine. Otherwise it was great, my data transfer cable recentyl broke and your app is a great substitute

12. Captain Caveman

13. InsaneNutter

I think KingBurns has edited my post with the latest version, it will now download the latest version when you launch the program if an update is available.

Apparently it can have bugs with files over 500mb at the moment.

14. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Here is the newest version, apparently it has an auto updater.

EDIT: It does indeed have an auto updater.

EDIT 2: Removed attachment as first page now has newest version.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    dalturbo, trailz and Andami like this.
  15. databox

databox Member

hey all,

I got a version called beta 32b,

I had demo on my PC UFC2010, I browsed the USB formatted as xtaf and found out where the demos are and I created a folder, injected the demo game inside it (same structure in CD) but xbox didn't see the game, can anybody advice why did this happen ?

Is it the wrong section ? :)

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  16. delhanh

delhanh PS3 Contributor

What to do?

OK guys I haven't used this before, but can some one fill me in on what it actually does?

Thanks in Advance:)

17. InsaneNutter

It allows you to extract content (such as demos, saves and so on) from a USB memory stick formatted by the Xbox 360.

It also allows you to dump content to the USB memory stick such as a demo downloaded from Digiex.

18. xXDestroyerGRXx

im trying to open the drive but xtaf crashes :(
    Even manually

19. Andami

Andami Addict

Is there lots of data on your flash drive? Because anything over 500mb can cause Xtaf to become very slow or crash. Usually this doesn't happen to me until 1.5 GB, but that could be the reason. Also, do you have the latest version from GruntMods? For some reason, even though I had the auto updater version, it wouldn't upgrade to v32b2 until I downloaded the program from their site.

20. xXDestroyerGRXx

Didnt Changed anything :(

i have 1GB+ stuff