Using an Xbox Live profile on a Jtagged / RGH hacked Xbox 360 and staying safe

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Aug 22, 2010.

1. iTinyToes

iTinyToes Member

Alright, thanks for the fast replies :)

2. iTinyToes

iTinyToes Member

Btw, if you have the freestyle plugin enabled in the aurora it will still add data to the profile even if you sign in an offline profile, then switch to a live profile.

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Plugins never seem to when I was messing about with testing years ago. I'd imagine it would be possible to design a plugin to do stuff to a profile, however the Freestyle one never seemed to do anything.

I believe most of it comes from the Xbox seeing the homebrew app as a new game, so wants to add it as a played title to your profile. Some homebrew such as the Snes emulator do add achievements. Some stuff doesn't visibly show up but still makes changes to the profile.

iTinyToes likes this.
  4. iTinyToes

iTinyToes Member

But when you hit the menu with the freestyle plugin it shows the temperatures and the litle menu on bottom with title id and disc, so that's like a homebrew in background, right?

5. InsaneNutter

You might well have to do your own testing for that then if you want to be 100% sure. It would seem it's changed a lot since i last used Freestyle.

I believe it's just a modification to the MS Dash so shouldn't do anything to your profile, as it's still the MS dash.

iTinyToes likes this.
  6. Kuruh

Kuruh New Member

Hi, I'm dumb and have been using X360GameHack to patch all my games for years until recently what i was wondering is are all my old games Patched with X360GameHack safe to play on a LIVE enabled profile or would that be a no, I just recently found out Dashlaunch bypasses all the checks anyways and there is no need for X360GameHack anymore thanks.

-Cody

7. InsaneNutter

The game should interact with your profile the same so you should be ok. You would be better using Dashlaunch though as you say, if your patching games you will have trouble using title updates.

Kuruh likes this.
  8. Wakiry

Wakiry New Member

Hello,

If i use Xex to load game or XBLA i just have to sign in with my GT after game is loaded ?

And if i want to use DLCs how can i be safe using Xex with sign in after game is loaded ?

9. InsaneNutter

Yes basically sign in once the game is loaded and be sure to sign out when you quit if you have any sort of custom dashboard running by default. DLC should be fine as long as its final content from Xbox Live and not some of the beta stuff thats gone around in the past.

Wakiry likes this.
  10. Wakiry

Wakiry New Member

Thanks you