Using an Xbox Live profile on a Jtagged / RGH hacked Xbox 360 and staying safe

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Aug 22, 2010.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Yes that is perfectly fine, thats exactly what i do and the only thing i use Free Style for.

Another tip for you would be to have an offline profile set to auto sign in when you power the console on, that way if someone loads Free Style or some other homebrew up your live profile will be safe.

2. ljay880

ljay880 New Member

Hey Nutter, I have a question for you. Everyone keeps saying to boot into NXE, but I like my console booting to FSD. I keep my profile on a USB stick. When FSD loads, my profile does not automatically sign in. If I load a game from FSD, then after the game loads, sign in the profile, is that still safe ... providing I sign my profile out before exiting the game?

3. InsaneNutter

Yup its still safe, you just need to sign out before quitting if you have it set to load FSD when you exit a game. I personally would not do it like that as sooner or later you will exit a game and load FSD with your profile signed in. Just be careful if you do!

4. Victor Martin

Victor Martin New Member

Hello and thanks for this investigation, i been using my jtag with a online profile in the nxe dashboard with retail games, but im not too sure about XBLA or DLC, so i keep buying them on live, now i want to play some new games like minecraft, it still safe on the last one or two dashboards versions to play the XBLA and then load the archivements on live?? Whats the way i should use DLCS or XBLA to stay 100% safe?

thank you.

(sorry for bad english)

5. InsaneNutter

Yes its still safe just dont play any homebrew or beta's of games.

To be safe download the trial your self from XBLA, that way you know its 100% the final game.

6. AmishDestroyer

AmishDestroyer New Member

Hey nutter, thanks for the awesome tutorial. I've recently gotten a Jtag xbox and I'm clear on everything in the guide, but I do have one question. I've gotten some multi disk games that I want to play in GOD format. I don't want to use FSD and I've read about a plugin that works with NXE to automatically change disks for you. If I'm playing the game and it automatically changes the disk for me will the plugin change anything on my profile? thanks!
    !

7. InsaneNutter

Nope you will be fine with that plugin (Y)

8. AmishDestroyer

AmishDestroyer New Member

Thanks Nutter!

9. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Thanks for the really informative thread Nutter!!!

I have just purchased a RGH/Dual NAND/LT+ 3.0 360 system, and like you am wanting to play games that are region locked and not avaliable here in the UK, mainly the JAP shooters. As i have had a XLA profile for the last 6 years with approx 65,000 achievement points i would like to carry on with this profile and build upon it, so will be using this profile for my new system. So i want to be bullet proof when using this console online, as i recently got Max Payne 3 which comes on 3 disc i will be want to use the RGH to have this game and on my external HD thus avoiding having to swap discs. Can i confirm that this is the way i should have my xbox setup for going on line...

The console should have a dummy offline profile that is auto sign in enabled
    Your online profile should NOT be set to auto sign in
    The console should always Boot into the official dash
    Is ok to load FSD and load a game with dummy profile
    When game has loaded is ok to sign in with your online profile
    Have the console setup so when you exit a game it ALWAYS quits back to the offical dash even if loaded a game with FSD

If i use these settings will i be bullet proof?

So even if i use FSD to load a game, load my online profile once the game has loaded, even if im still signed in i will be safe if i exit the game as it will go back to the official dash and not FSD? If i have a dummy profile that auto signs in when booting up the system do i have to follow the 'boot into official xbox dash' step and can i not boot straight into FSD as it wont be loading my Online profile, and once the game has loaded sign out of dummy profile and into online profile.

Any thing else i should be made aware off?

thanks

10. InsaneNutter

Yes you can boot directly in to FSD, just make sure its not set to load when you exit a game too.

Other other thing i would say to be aware off is dont play beta games on your Xbox Live profile, there are a lot of betas out there, especially of arcade games. Also playing a game 3 weeks before its out on your live profile then signing in to live after is a pretty bad idea... its all about common sense really!

You should be fine as you appear to have the do's and dont's worked out fine, enjoy the JPN shooters! (Y)

11. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Have noticed that the 360 doesnt sign into any profiles (option of 2 profiles) when i boot up, and gives me the avatar selection profile screen, i usally dont boot into any profile whilst doing stuff on FSD, Is this ok to do this aswell without being signed in to any profile or should i really sign into my dummy profile?

12. InsaneNutter

Its fine, as long as your not on your live profile running homebrew it doesn't matter what profile is signed in or not.,

BlockABoots likes this.
  13. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

So if you need to delete your profile if youve loading a homebrew by mistake, do you have to delete 'Profile and Items' or just 'Profile Only'??

14. Rick

Rick Moderator

You have to do profile only.
    Profile and items will delete all gamesaves and anything else associated with your profile.

BlockABoots likes this.
  15. Seh

Seh New Member

Hi, First off I want to thank you for this thread.. It's helped me a lot.
    I've recently got a jtag ( 2 months ago).. and been safe from the start thanks to you guys.

I have a question tho. I have a 20GB internal Hdd and a 1TB external. I have been using a dummy profile ( booting up in NXE dash) loading up the game in FSD and then switching profiles.
    I would love to be able to load up games in NXE dash without having to boot up FSD every time. I found this program online "NXE Dash Shortcut360 v1.1.7" which claims to be able to launch GOD in NXE from an external HDD.

Now my question for you guys is: Is this safe? Or does this modify the profile in any way?

Thanks,

P.S. I wasn't allowed to post the link to this programs website.. but just google "NXE Dash Shortcut360 v1.1.7" and you will find it.

Edit: After a little more searching online.. I found out "quickboot" also does this. Then looking back to your first post quickboot does not modify the profile.
    So I'm pretty sure I've found my answer but a confirmation is always (very) welcome!

16. Seh

Seh New Member

Instead of editing out my previous post, I'll just leave it up as it might help someone else.
    But I see now that using quickboot is a safe way to do what I wanted.

So just to be absolutely positively 100% sure :D:
    If I have my console set to boot up in NXE dash (also exit games to NXE) and I use quickboot I will no longer need to use a dummy profile, wait for the game to load and then switch?
    I can just leave my account signed in when switching from one game to another?

17. InsaneNutter

Yes thats correct (Y)

Seh likes this.
  18. Thedragonfiend

Thedragonfiend Member

Has anyone trieD (sorry for the caps D my lower case D has crappeD itself im working on it tho) Hexing the profile after using homebrew so that all homebrew relateD changes are removeD anD then Rehash/Sign... if that works i coulD see a chain of profile "Re-livers" being maDe baseD on auto hexing... something like

take a scan of the profile before homebrew then take a scan after compare anD remember original values anD offsets anD then revert them everytime you run the program on that profile... re scan fresh profile when aDDing more homebrew

19. InsaneNutter

I had a mess with stuff like that and got no where, its best just to not use your live profile with homebrew if you care about it. Only real downside to that is people who want to use FreeStyle Dash cant

20. Sikbeni10

Sikbeni10 Member

I had a quick question.

Forgive me if it has been answered but I did not see it in this thread.

I want to use trainers, some have been made for games such as Sleeping Dogs, the trainers come with such files as "trainer.xex" and "trainer_loader.xex" my question is if I load the trainer.xex which automatically allow the game to use the trainer, will this then show up on my profile, that I loaded a non official .xex and if not, will my profile load info stating that whilst ingame I brought up the trainer to use the cheats?

I hope I made sense and I thank you for all you efforts.

PS: Just to note, I only load up my profile whilst the game starts, never when actually loading the trainer.xex or using any apps.