Views on Microsoft Security Essentials aka Morro

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by InsaneNutter, Jun 18, 2009.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Has anyone installed this?

Im using it on my Netbook running Windows 7 RC1, it seems very lightweight and quick. I would defiantly install it on friends computers instead of AVG free.

Don’t know if it would replace Sophos on our computers but it looks very promising for a leaked beta.

When released its going to be a free download, you can download the leaked beta from the Digiex Download Centre.

2. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

I installed it on my laptop. I really like how its lightweight. The laptops speed hasn't seemed to decrease. I did noticed though, When I first installed it and ran a full scan the laptop was very laggy. Probably a hard drive issue. It couldn't keep up, having to run that massive scan and still have enough hard drive performance left to open Google Chrome or even the start menu within a considerable time.

Its been running fine after this scan was completed. I'm still yet to try a quick scan. Though seeing how my browser habits isn't bad, this is really all I need.

3. Safinn

Safinn Addict

I'v been using AVG Free but I think I will give this a try. AVG Free is a 10x bigger download and I just re-formated my computer, I may aswell get this instead.