What Blu Ray Player Should I Get?

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by KillerWhiteMan, Jul 8, 2009.

1. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

I am looking into getting a blu ray player but I am not sure which one to get, or what brand to get. I was looking into a few Samsung models because I am really happy with other Samsung products I own. I have been wanting to pick up a PS3, so maybe just use that as my blu ray player? Anyone have any ideas?

2. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Personally, I say screw Blu Ray. It costs too much. You can spend 10-12 bucks for a regular DVD, instead of 20-25 for one Blu Ray movie. So yes I would say wait until you get a PS3.

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

If you get a standalone Blu-ray player make sure you get one that’s network upgradable, some Blu-ray discs have problems with certain players and need updates.

You can also upgrade your player to support the latest Blu-ray profiles. See Wikipedia for more information about different profiles - Blu-ray Disc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Sony BDP-S350 looks to be a good player, its £150 in the UK which is almost half the price of a PS3. The BDP-S350 has an Ethernet connection so it can be connected to your home network to be upgraded and access BD Live Interactive Features.

4. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

I agree with you fully, i wont really waste money on a blu ray player, whats the point in all the interactive features anyway...???

5. ShockResist

ShockResist Resident

blu ray players are much cheaper now. i have a samsung one and im happy wit it.

6. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

I forgot about this thread! I actually bought a PS3 a few weeks ago. It is a great blu-ray player!