What will happen to technology?

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by Dark Scyth, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Seeing how technology gets better and better day by day, do you think it would be possible that technology develops so much that you could get some that is now considered advanced tech, like a Blu-Ray DVD play for like 30$? It just seems like when the new stuff gets out the old gets swiped away or priced extremely low.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Yes it will happen in a few years, look at DVD players they were £100’s when they first came out, now you can walk in to a supermarket and buy one for £20 that even plays Divx/Xvid.

3. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

Also look at HD Televisions. They were hundreds and hundreds of dollars when they came out, now they are much cheaper.

4. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I figured that with most things that would happen but, it can't possibly get to much better then Blu-Ray for quite a long time. So I figured the price of that would stay up for quite a while.

5. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Well Blue-ray drives for the pc have come down from £200+ to around the £50 mark now, it’s the standalone players and the films that are expensive which is a big shame.

I’ve only got 3 Blue-ray movies, just can’t afford to buy them! They do look Amazing though.

6. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't have a Blue-Ray Player or any Blue-Ray DVD's, they are too expensive for me. Also I don't have much of a HDTV so it would be pointless for me. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Final Fantasy VII Advent Children in Blue-Ray.