[Wii] Top 5 Homebrew apps

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by P.KID, Dec 30, 2009.

1. P.KID

P.KID Addict

[​IMG]
    I dont know how many of you out there have got modded wii's that can play homebrew apps but anyways I thought that i'd pump some homebrew apps into the forum. As far as I am aware homebrew is leagal to download please remove the post if not allowed on this forum! (Y)

1.Visual Boy Advance GX v2.1.2
    Developer: Tantric
    Visual Boy Advance GX is a Game Boy Advance / Game Boy emulator for the Wii based on VBA-M.

2. Snes9x GX v4.1.5
    Developer: Trantic
    Snes9x GX is a Super Nintendo/ Super Famicom emulator for the Nintendo Wii.

3. Wii64 beta 1
    Developer: Wii64team
    The emulator is planned to use dynamic recompilation of the N64 machine code to PowerPC machine code and full hardware accelerated graphics to achieve full-speed emulation. Currently the emulator is in beta stage and can run many N64 ROMs at near full speed.

The emulator can be controlled with any combination of GC controllers, Classic Controllers, and Wiimotes with Nunchuks (sorry, Wiimotes must have nunchuks). See the included readme for details on the controls. You can load ROMs and saves from a FAT formatted SD or USB (details on the folders required are in the readme).
    Compatibile roms: Compatibility List - Wii64/mupen64gc

4. Gecko OS v1.9.3
    Developer: Nuke
    Gecko OS (formerly Gecko Region Free) by Nuke lets you load Wii games from other regions.

5. SDL MAME Wii v0.4
    Developer: Toad King
    SDL MAME Wii is an Arcade Emulator based on SDLMAME. Many games for early arcade boards can be played with varying amounts of success.

Attached Files:

InsaneNutter likes this.
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I dont have a Wii, if I did it would be modded the day I got it ;)

Gecko OS sounds like a good app, region locking is a pain.