Windows 7 available on the 23rd October?

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by P.KID, Apr 30, 2009.

1. P.KID

P.KID Addict

[​IMG]
    According to pocket-lint acer have confirmed that windows 7 will be released on the 23rd October. Acer confirmed this by telling the website that windows 7 will be incl. with the Acer all-in-one Z5600 PC. :) Lets just hope this is true.

Source: Acer confirms Windows 7 available 23 October

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Sounds to go with the other stuff I’ve heard.

Apparently it will RTM the end of August / sometime in September and be available on MSDN / TechNet Shortly after, then to OEM’s in October.

There’s people saying it won’t be on shelf’s as a retail product until January 2010, I hope that doesn’t happen but Vista got held back for retail release for over 2 months so it could happen...

3. allendale

allendale Member

Those are just speculations, who knows when will Microsoft release it...

4. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Well, yes. When its this early, this is the only thing everyone will have to go off of. Its just a small hope for people for people that want to get rid of their wretched Vista OS. (like me:()

5. allendale

allendale Member

I believe Se7en will be a good OS (if they don't screw it until final release) but for now I'll be waiting for it using Vista.

Btw, Vista works fine to me though XP was way better. I hope 7 will be released soon.

6. P.KID

P.KID Addict

You should also try out Win7 RC. M$ urges/wants users to use Win7 RC, to check for bugs and driver issues.:) Wait until the 5th May or download it via digiex torrent.(Y) And i doubt M$ will screw the final build coz they're saying themselves that it will be faster than Vista.

7. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

So far it does seem faster.:D
    I can only hope that they don't screw it up in the final stages.

8. allendale

allendale Member

I've decided to try it, I won't wait the 5th May, torrent sounds just fine. (H)

9. DarkB[iR]

DarkB[iR] Active Member

Well until the final version Microsoft will change a lot in...but let's hope that they will not add some things that will make computer run slowly.

10. allendale

allendale Member

Well, I hope so too and I think that they won't do it because of Vista's bad reputation. I don't think they can afford another debacle. :)