Windows 7 Icon Fix

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by BalexGT, Jul 27, 2009.

1. BalexGT

BalexGT New Member

Okay, so i used a program to apply custom icons for my windows, after i uninstall the program and any and all files associated with the program. now a few of my icons are not displaying the proper icon thats default with windows 7 and some don't have an icon at all.

I wanna know if theres a way to fix this issue without reinstalling and recovery is out cause its been far to long to go back. Perhaps I need a new "system32.dll" file witch holds all or most icons

Any help or tips are appreciated!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

3. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

I also used to get that problem alot on xp, infact i still sometimes get it, then when i try clicking on the icon, an "open with" menu opens up, but for me on like the hdd or usb that icon normally appears, the way i fixed it was just scanning them for threats, not sure why this worked because about 99.9% of the time their actually were threats attached to the autorun file, once i cleaned or deleted it, and just restarted my system it was ok?? i assumed that it was just a virus that caused it to do this??