Windows 7 upgrade to 8 Dev Preview?

Discussion in 'Computer and Gadget Help Center' started by chrispilot2293, Sep 21, 2011.

1. chrispilot2293

chrispilot2293 New Member

Okay, im just wondering, i was exploring my iso of Windows 8 dev preview, and i noticed that if you start the "setup.exe" in the "%imgfile%\sources\" directory, it starts the traditional setup, and has the "Upgrade" option available, but, i dont have Windows 7 on and of my PCs anymore, so i cant test, could someone test this and report back?

2. thekorngear

thekorngear Resident

I heard DAEMONTOOLS is one of the softwares that allows it (win8) to be installed FRESH/CLEAN on your machine. I reached 80% of the downloading.
    here it goes:
    · [FONT=&quot]Download the ISO file from Microsoft.[/FONT]
    · [FONT=&quot]Mount the ISO using Daemon Tools, Clone Drive, or similar.[/FONT]
    · [FONT=&quot]This is important. Do not use the autorun installer. The autorun installer only allows you to upgrade your existing Windows installation and will not allow you to install to a separate hard drive or partition.[/FONT]
    · [FONT=&quot]Navigate to the virtual install disc and go to the folder called “sources”.[/FONT]
    · [FONT=&quot]Run setup.exe and proceed as if installing Windows Vista or 7.[/FONT]

InsaneNutter likes this.