Windows 8 - will you be upgrading?

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by InsaneNutter, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Backchat

Backchat Active Member

Think I'll be giving Windows 8 blank too, the main reason being the U.I..... I thought Windows were finally getting somewhere with with 7, it seemed a combination of all that was good from previous releases but this Metro being flooded everywhere...??.... maybe it's just me but I hate the way everything has to be over simplified and 'user friendly' in the states (sorry any Americans in the house :-$) for e,g, one of, if not the only reason I stopped buying and installing 'linksys' modems and routers a few years back was because of there installation methods and instructions.... A. The screen you are now looking at is called a M-O-N-I-T-O-R. ....B. If you look under your M-O-N-I-T-O-R you will see buttons with the alphabet and numbers on it. This is called your ' K-E-Y-B-O-A-R-D'.... ok maybe not that bad but you know what I mean, I found it annoying and bit insulting no matter how good the actual hardware was (there is always a better router/modem) and was always slightly surprised that Linksys didn't give away a set of free wooden building blocks with the Alphabet painted on them in nice bright colours (not colors):D...

Windows 8 is a little bit of that, it's just too simplified for me- great for introducing your 1 year old baby to computing or for tablets but not for a pc or even a lap top if you use it for work etc

Cheers
    BC

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I think "too simplified" is what Microsoft were aiming for with the Metro Apps. Your average technophobe can use an iPad (just about) however the second it comes to using a PC a lot of people can barley do much more than click the internet explorer icon. Something like setting up there own email account in an email client is just too much for them, especially when it starts asking questions!

It has potential i think, however i still think for a PC the lack of integration between the Metro UI / Desktop is very limiting, and looks lifeless.

3. Michael_T

Michael_T Addict

I use Windows XP with Windows 8 Transformation pack on my new Computer. Metro is enabled.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Is it a Nettop or something? i can imagine Windows XP been able to take advantage of most new hardware out today.

5. MonsterMMORPG

MonsterMMORPG Resident

windows 7 is at its golden era

not for a while windows 8 :)