Xbox 360 Achievements Hacked

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by InsaneNutter, Sep 5, 2008.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

It looks like some 360 gamers have figured out how to hex edit Xbox 360 Gamer profiles to unlock and modify the achievements for a game, the only thing they need to have done is played the game at least once so it’s on their profile then edit a few bytes with a Hex editor.

The person who posted the tutorial up says it is easily detectable, and your gamer profile will most likely be reset and banned very soon.

He has unlocked the security helmet but still has other armour locked
    [​IMG]

Crazy gamer score for just one game...
    [​IMG]

1337 of 49 achievements, with a 7000 gamerscore and a different game icon
    [​IMG]

Looks like he managed to break the description too.
    [​IMG]

That achievement is worth quite a lot...
    [​IMG]

Source

Although this is interesting stuff it’s not something I would ever think about trying, I’ve never seen the point in cheating in games.

2. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Plus if you do and you get banned what are you going to prove? How pathetic you are? If you don't like your gamescore why not try to get some achievements, get friends to help you or check out Xbox360Achievements.org?

3. InsaneNutter

Indeed, usually some one discovers something like this and work at it because they can... then everyone else comes along and exploits it for the wrong reasons.

Anyone who is silly enough to go on live after doing this will soon be banned anyway.

4. Slaz

Slaz Roast as you make toast!

If you do things like posted in the screens, you're sure to check into the ban station pretty soon yeah.. There appear to be players however, who have hacked to get just one achievement, like Seriously in Gears (which could be hacked much easier though) and Like the Back of My Hand (in UT3 which is a strange achievement involving getting all items on every map nobody has achieved 'legally' yet). I'm not sure if they could be traced by XBLive managers in any way, but I've recently found out that copying a gamer profile to a 'hacked' console, then playing ilegally downloaded games, and then copying the profile back to your legal XBLive console does in fact syncronize itself with the copy of the profile on live, and thus saves your achievements/gamerscore for games you haven't paid for..

5. InsaneNutter

Yep that will work as you say, it’s just like playing on your own console but been disconnected from Live, or going to a friend’s house with your profile on a memory card and playing offline. When you get banned from live for playing pirated games it’s the console that gets banned and not your profile. Your profile will only get banned and your gamerscore reset to 0 if you’re messing about with save games.

You are allowed to unlock achievements for games you don’t own, for example the arcade game Bomberman is 4 players on 1 console, any mates you have playing with you are able to get achievements.

6. Safinn

Safinn Addict

I know a few people who did this. Also some of my mates get chipped xboxes and play online for free and get games for like £5. One got banned pretty fast and the other has been going for 4 months now.

7. Slaz

Slaz Roast as you make toast!

I've had one banned because I used a hacked firmware on it. It was a 2005 console and I played on it long before Microsoft even started banning. Few months after the ban the console broke (ROD) thus it wasn't a real problem, even though I already bought a new one for XBLive. We gave our ilegal games to someone on my friend list who still has a hacked console.. :P