Xbox 360 Cloud Storage Going Live?

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by Mr.NightmareTM, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Mr.NightmareTM

Mr.NightmareTM Addict

Update:

"Just confirmed that the [cloud storage] service has not gone live yet. We'll keep you posted on launch details."
    -- Microsoft representative."

Source: Official Word From MS

Where did the rumour start?

Eurogamer started this off, they then pulled down their article after tricking multiple people into believing.

--

It is being reported on multiple websites that Microsoft Xbox, are in the process of pushing out updates to consoles across the globe inorder to enable the Cloud Storage feature which was previously announced at the E3 event, May 2011. It is currently unknown if this is true. Therefore, I ask you to post back here if you recieve any dashboard update. This is useful for some people who enjoy taking their games and playing them at their friend's house. It will allow them to continue their save datas and profile without the need to carry it on a USB storage device.

In addition, it has also been reported that it only seems to work for some Xbox LIVE Arcade games.

When will I recieve the update?

According to sources, it is confirmed to be rolling out in 'stages', this is similar to the process used during th Beta programs of course. It is extremely time consuming. But keep in mind, there is a huge amount of accounts that need to be updated so it could take some time before
    recieving any updates.

What is Cloud Storage?

Cloud storage allows gamers to store their online profiles and savegames online so that they can be used on multiple consoles without having to transfer; you can continue from the same save data due to it all being online based.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  2. DRO Krazed

DRO Krazed Elite Member

any proof that anyone has it yet

3. Corona

Corona Addict

whiish i had a veeersin

4. BlackTitan666

BlackTitan666 Elite Member

it only going to work for some arcade cause some game save the data to your gamer profile

5. DRO Krazed

DRO Krazed Elite Member

ill belivie it when i see it

6. Andami

Andami Addict

^It's already been confirmed for a while. No need to be obstinate. When is the real question. I've read a few articles that said it was being released now, but I haven't actually heard of anyone getting this update.

@BlackTitan, it will only work for a few at first, but it should grow to encompass most, if not all, others eventually. I see no reason why save data being tied to the profile for most arcade game would hinder the service.

7. Mr.NightmareTM

Mr.NightmareTM Addict

Stupid thing came too late. Unfortunately, I purchased an Xbox 360 Slim 250gb yesterday and got rid of my old Xbox 360 Elite. Now I must redo everything z_z

I guess we need official words from Xbox LIVE since other websites are saying it's a system update; others not. It seems that it is taking a very long time and nobody has yet confirmed to have a system update.

Edit: Read main post.

8. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

At a guess i would imagine this will be a new feature added in the big dashboard update this fall, you never know though, we got the USB storage update randomly earlier last year :)

9. Mr.NightmareTM

Mr.NightmareTM Addict

I'd love to see the new dashboard with the Metro style UI released P:

I don't even want them to make a beta program o.0

I think it will come somtime August P:

10. seanpr92

seanpr92 Godlike

this is false info bout it coming now november is when it launches the rampant rumours came from an xbox live status page cloud storage ect will be in metro dash launching novmber but expect beta sept/oct