Xbox 360 Jtag or RGH Hack Easy Update to Dashboard 17502 with XeBuild GUI

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Aug 19, 2013.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Power on your Xbox using the eject button with the network cable connected and dump your nand from the web browser as described here: https://digiex.net/guides-reviews/c...te-dashboard-17502-xebuild-gui.html#post68858

You can then keep following the tutorial using the nand you downloaded as a base for the updated one.

2. jocrod

jocrod New Member

Hi, InsaneNutter.

I followed your tut from top to bottom. i have a Jasper v4 16MB NAND with RGH (checked via DashLaunch).

1) I extracted the raw Flash via my web browser and the console's IP address.
    2) I used this to create my new nand with XeBuild 2.098 (the set up i used is in the screenshots below. Since i had an RGH i selected Freebot (RGH 2.0))
    3) I checked my console's CPU key and put it in XeBuild
    4) I generated the new image file, no errors were found in the process.
    5) I booted into Xell, and flashed the new image file.
    6) unplugged the console's power cable and waited for 3-4 minutes
    7) plugged in and booted console

the system just lights the Power button, but nothing happens, it just stays there forever!!.:'(:'( i tried booting into Xell via the Eject button, but nothing happens either. it just stays on but no boot sequence/screen ever appears.

What did i do wrong? what can i do to fix this? I have my Raw flash and the nand extracted via Nand Flasher 360 (Did this just in case). Thanks in advance for your help

Attached Files:

3. InsaneNutter

When selecting your dumped nand as a source did it automatically determine you had a Freeboot RGH 2.0 or did you just guess this?

The reason I ask is that their are a couple of variations of the RGH hack, if XeBuild had determined you had a certain version of the hack, then you selected a different version that would cause things not to work.

You need a hardware nand flasher to flash a working nand back to the Xbox 360 now, such as the Nand X. You solder this to certain points on the motherboard, this allows you to flash the Xbox 360's nand via USB, so you can restore the backup of the nand you made.

4. muteeyikhan

muteeyikhan New Member

Hello InsaneNutter,
    First of all bundle of thanks for doing such a great work... Indeed u r a great help to xbox jtag community...
    I have a couple of questions to ask.....
    I have upgrade my xbox 360s (Trinity RGH1.0x - as per xe-build & previous two dumps) twice i.e from 15457 to 16203 and second time from 16203 to 16747... both of the times i did it without any difficulty and at present the console is going great on 16747...

so my first question is :
    1. Do i really really need to update it 17502. If i dont how many latest games i wont be able to play, and if i do what are the risks...many ppl are saying that they have faced problems after upgrading
    2. Second and important question is reagarding the RGH nand flash part of your tutorial...... the last two times, i have used flash 360 and nand flash 360 to write the hacked nand to my console. This time u r saying that i should write is using xell... Why is it so? I am a little hesitant in flashing using Xell...
    can u plz comment on these two questions

Thanks...

5. InsaneNutter

You only really need to upgrade if any new games you wish to play don't work, or if theirs a new feature you wish to make use of. Most updates to the 360 now are simply Xbox Live related, so for an offline console such as a Jtag or RGH thay are really not essential unless you have a really new game which won't work. I think most new games work on much older system versions anyway.

From 17349 onwards the 360 officially supports up to 2TB external USB hard drives, meaning you can use them for installed games, save games, DLC and so on. You can use them for games with a Jtag anyway so that might not be that much of a deal to you. That's the only thing I think you are really missing out on by staying on 16747.

Some RGH consoles had problems with Nand Flasher Xbox 360, so that's why i now advise to use Xell instead. If Nand Flasher Xbox 360 has worked fine for you in the past then it should still work fine now. I'm just trying to ensure the guide is as safe as possible for people to follow.

6. InsaneNutter

Dashboard 17511 has been released by Microsoft, however you shouldn't need to update from 17502 to play any games, nothing has really changed.

I've not updated my tutorial as the official XeBuild GUI hasn't been updated for this release, as basically nothing changed except some minor Xbox Live stuff.

However if you want the unofficial version here is a link to that: xeBuild GUI 2.098 - 17511 GUI Nand Builder for Jtag / RGH Xbox 360 Consoles

7. Gam3r

Gam3r New Member

I have a problem @InsaneNutter I get "An error has occurred" when I try to Dump

8. InsaneNutter