1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Xbox 360 Kiosk Demo Disc 2005 (Self Booting) Download

Discussion in 'Libxenon Homebrew / Jtag & Reset Glitch Content' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 18, 2017.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

xbox-360-kiosk-demo-disc-2005-self-booting-thumb.jpg

About the Xbox 360 Kiosk Demo Disc 2005:

This is the Xbox 360 Kiosk Demo Disc which was used in stores at the Xbox 360 launch back in 2005. At the time what was interesting about this demo disc is that it was self booting. What i mean by self booting is that you could burn a copy of it on to a DVD-R and it would load on any stock, non modified Xbox 360.

In early 2006 however Microsoft released an update which blacklisted this demo disc from loading on normal Xbox 360's.

This Kiosk Demo Disc does however work perfectly fine on Jtag or RGH hacked Xbox 360, so can still be enjoyed today by those people who have modified Xbox 360 consoles.

Playable demos on this disc include Call of Duty 2, Hexic, Kameo and King Kong. The disc also includes lots of game and accessory video's. Nothing ripped from this, however non English videos were downsampled to fit onto a normal DVD-R 5.

Download:

This is the demo disc originally released by scene group "Pi" back in 2005. I burned it to a DVD-R back then and used it a couple of times, before forgetting about it for the next 12 years. I recently found this and made an ISO of the DVD-R as it had been requested here a couple of times.

Xbox 360 Kiosk Demo Disc 2005 Download (Jtag and RGH Xbox 360's Only)

Screenshots:

xbox-360-kiosk-demo-disc-2005-self-booting-1.jpg xbox-360-kiosk-demo-disc-2005-self-booting-2.jpg xbox-360-kiosk-demo-disc-2005-self-booting-3.jpg xbox-360-kiosk-demo-disc-2005-self-booting-4.jpg xbox-360-kiosk-demo-disc-2005-self-booting-5.jpg

Video of the Xbox 360 Kiosk Demo Disc 2005 Menu:

For those of you who are unable to make use of the Xbox 360 Kiosk Demo Disc i have captured a video showing the menu system of the disc, along with the videos which talk about the Xbox 360's functionality at launch. It's pretty interesting to look back on many years later.

Do be aware the video is quite slow moving to give you a chance to read what is on screen, their is a lot of text.

Coxy likes this.
  2. Thanks for releasing it!!
    I was looking for this ~3 months AND FINALLY IT'S THERE
    THANKS!
    EDIT: sorry for being too excited

3. InsaneNutter

No problem! Playing around with the Kiosk Demo Disc reminded me how nice the blades dashboard the Xbox 360 originally had was. Microsoft were on point with UI design back then, where as this days with the Xbox One it's been a bit of a train wreck over the last couple of years. Don't get me wrong what we have now on the Xbox One is the best we've had on that so far, I just don't feel the creativity is there like it was with the Xbox 360.

4. I never liked Xbox One and 360s without RGH/(R-)JTag.
    Offtopic: I can seed some of the demo packs, but they are now with no seeders :(

5. One more question: do you have any other kiosk discs?
    They are full of interesting/unused/placeholder stuff (look at commented out code in en-GB/*.ini)

6. InsaneNutter

I don't, this is the only one i've ever seen shared. It was originally released by scene group "Pi" back in 2005, shortly after the 360's launch.

I just had a search on Ebay on the off chance, a couple of 360 Kiosk discs do seem to currently be on sale.

7. Do you have OXM xbox 360 discs (i found only for original xbox)

8. InsaneNutter

I have the first 13 OMX 360 UK Magazines, then a few random ones after that. I've honestly no idea where the demo discs are from any of these old magazines however.

9. Gunz4Hire

Gunz4Hire Exotic XeX Hunter

WOW. This is awesome. Thank you. The older the better (; Now I know why they call you nutter.

10. Gunz4Hire

Have you seen a kiosk like this? Am in works of obtaining another one.
    360_9.jpg

11. InsaneNutter

The only disc I have ever used is this one posted in the thread, if you do manage to obtain another please do share any info you can on it.

12. Gunz4Hire

Aye, Captain! I am Talking with the Head of who designed it along with 1 of his successors that made the original blades Dash UI, Did most off the NXE Dash UI, and even worked on the ZUNE UI along with the Kiosk Disc'(he may have multiple disc and multiple builds of them)

InsaneNutter likes this.
  13. InsaneNutter

If he's willing to share any with you that would be pretty nice, the Xbox 360 is pretty old now so it's easy for this stuff to start getting lost.

Gunz4Hire likes this.
  14. Gunz4Hire

Im going down into pages 30 and 40 of google going to pages trying to find anything xbox 360 content I can. Hopefully ill get some Digiex exclusives ;)

InsaneNutter likes this.
  15. Gunz4Hire likes this.
  16. Gunz4Hire

Bought it, expect a full dump soon. Also bought another one. Its still in the case so I am not sure if i want to open the cardboard case or not. about a week till i get them

InsaneNutter likes this.
  17. InsaneNutter

Nice work @Gunz4Hire it will be interesting to see what is on the disc when you get them.

With this one it was nice looking back and seeing how much the Xbox 360 changed over the years. The blades dashboard and the original NXE are still my two favourite UI designs Microsoft have done.

Gunz4Hire likes this.
  18. Gunz4Hire

Thanks. Not all me, tjd2 posted the ebay link and so I decided to pay to get it secured. Owning the disc isnt enough. It must be dumped and stored in multiple locations. The Blades is my favorite as it takes me back to the 2000's but NXE had the cleanest UI I think.

19. Jay123

Jay123 New Member

Sorry too reboot an old post. But I was hoping someone could advise me on an issue I am having with a 360 Kiosk.

Foolishly I updated mine and ended up wiping the lovely OS that you are discussing. Do you know where I can find a copy of it to reinstall?

Thanks

J

20. InsaneNutter

Its not possible to re install an older system update on the Xbox 360, so you would not be able to use this Kiosk demo disc on that console anymore sadly.

You can still use this Kosk demo disc on a Jtag or RGH hacked Xbox 360 however.