1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Xbox 360 MP Gui Download - Title Update / Media ID Manager / Create / Extract ISO

Discussion in 'Apps (PC)' started by InsaneNutter, Jul 24, 2012.

1. curiousinchicago

curiousinchicago New Member

I know I'm 9 years late, but over that time there's been a lot of people worried that this program is a virus. The last guy to post said that he would "decompile/disassemble it" to find the error but didn't end up doing it. I've come to the conclusion that it is not malicious and that all of the errors people were encountering were in-fact coming from the way the author obfuscated it.

I decompiled it using a program called Exe2Aut. This gave me a script that was heavily obfuscated and had an array with thousands of items. Turns out this array was populated by a file with .tbl extension that had all of the strings encoded in hex. I replaced the array values with their strings. The program can now run directly from the .au3 file (you need to install AutoIT).

At this point though, this program is not very useful because the domains that it fetched updates from (xbuc.net, and jqe360.com) are no longer active and now host spam sites. (so don't visit them)

PS: I found a rather cringy easter egg in the code
    if you press alt + windows key + shift + ctrl + m
    and enter the password "26112011" without qoutes it shows a messagebox with some sick poetry

If you want to look at the semi-deobfuscated .au3 file I've uploaded it to zippyshare
    https://www57.zippyshare.com/v/27BDwBrU/file.html

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  2. ocasds

ocasds New Member

upload_2022-9-11_11-45-39.png
    i ran it as admin because if i dont run it as admin windows does not let me run it

3. ocasds

ocasds New Member

upload_2022-9-11_12-5-9.png
    guess i will use virtual machines for this

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Some of these older 360 tools do have random incompatibility issues with newer versions of Windows sadly, glad you could get it working in a VM however.