Xbox 360: NXE Dashboard Vs. Metro Dashboard

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Rockman, May 28, 2012.

1. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

NXE Dashboard
    [video=youtube;Asss99PfvV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asss99PfvV8[/video]

Metro Dashboard
    [video=youtube;kEuaQagHjpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEuaQagHjpA[/video]

NXE Dashboard Advantages:
    - Gamer friendly
    - Everything was organized correctly in its own categories
    - To watch downloaded game videos I could pop to the Game Section and watch them from here, whereas the Metro Dashboard requires me to use Zune App.

NXE Dashboard Disadvantages:
    - No Apps Marketplace
    - No Bing Search Bar
    - No Kinect Support

Metro Dashboard Advantages:
    - Apps Marketplace (Video/Music)
    - Bing Search Bar
    - Kinect Support
    - Brings up free content to download (sometimes) on the ads place
    - Metro Dashboard made Xbox 360 more than just a console, it's a media centre and used for apps too.

Metro Dashboard Disadvantages:
    - Not gamer friendly
    - Not organized properly like it was on NXE
    - Feels like a tablet or PS3's lame XMB menu (I own a PS3 but I don't really like the XMB Menu at all)
    - It makes some gamers (like me) feel disappointed since this dashboard isn't entirely my taste

But overall, Metro Dashboard is awesome, sure NXE is better due to being gamer friendly, but Metro Dashboard has brought A LOT and continues to bring even more. Heck, we're possibly getting an internet browser that works, unlike PS3's browser which is comparable to IE6.

I'm not kidding, PS3's browser is effin outdated as hell and YouTube videos only play in 240p or 360p/480p at best with the "trick", come on Sony, it's YOUR turn to give the PS3 users similar content Microsoft has been giving.

Please note, I'm just criticizing PS3 because Sony has made no effort whatsoever to keep it up to date with the internet browser, applications or anything, they're always more important about security patches, what a load of bullcrap. Useless.|-)

2. Neoteam1

Neoteam1 Addict

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Each dashboard had some good features, the very first blades dash was simple to navigate and just worked.
    The XBLA Marketplace could have been improved on that, but in general it was aimed at gamers and did its job well.

The NXE dash was ok when not signed in to live, it had so many random Xbox Live related tabs appearing when you did. It was pretty good once you got used to it, i would have liked the option to hide some of the tabs when pressing up / down on the controller though.

The Metro dash is just full of crap, making it a lot harder to actually find what you want. I did like the look of it at first but from a gamers point of view i'm really not the keen on it now. A lot better use of the space could be made instead of really pushing adverts.

4. xXTacoGuyXx

xXTacoGuyXx Addict

I prefer the original blades dash. If they kept that, and just updated blades to keep up with new features, i would be much happier.