[Xbox 360] "Open Tray" When disk is in.

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by Safinn, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Safinn

Safinn Addict

My xbox would not read disks so I bought a new laser and installed it. Yes, my warrant is out. Now i insert the disk and it says reading for about 30 seconds and then just goes back to open tray. I think it may be the disk not spinning, not 100%.

Does anyone know what i can do to sort it out.

I have a BenQ drive.

Thanks.

2. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

Could buy a replacement drive. There no much I'm sure. Probably more than a laser. Though if you do go through with that and if you don't know how to flash your 360s drive you must ask me how to continue. As if you do buy a new one the new one will need to be flashed to your old ones drive key and probably even spoofed.

Could even be your current drive firmware. Put the game in and place your hand over the 360/drive see if you can tell ifs its spinning up. If so good. Though ifs its not playing you may need to fix your firmware. I'm not sure if the laser makes a difference to it or not. Though its just an idea. If you got the money though a drive replacement would be best.

3. Safinn

Safinn Addict

I dont want to go spending the money to fix it. I think il ust scrap it if i cant sort it out without spending. I was planing on flashing it after i sort it out to play backups but that probably wont happen now.