Xbox 8 or 720 release date coming from Microsoft?

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by cardo69, Jul 10, 2012.

1. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

[h=1][FONT=&quot]Xbox 8 or 720 release date coming from Microsoft? [/FONT][/h] Is an Xbox 8 release date coming soon? Recently the Microsoft corporation kickstarted a flurry of speculation when they grabbed an Xbox 8 domain name. This has prompted rumors and discussions galore.
    According to WebProNews.com, the Microsoft company has secured two domain names they want to use, Xbox8.us and Xbox.org. The website speculates that this new Xbox 8 concept could be a linking of the Xbox with Windows 8, the newest version of Microsoft's operating system.
    However, the website also speculates that this could be a ploy by Microsoft to protect their future interests. With the new domains they could very well be trying to block others from getting a jump on the net with their future concepts.

It's been debated on how smart it would be to name a new version of the Xbox 360 the "Xbox 8," since the Xbox 720 would make more sense in terms of product progression. As of now, there's now Xbox 8 release date, or Xbox 720 release date that has been mentioned by Microsoft. So for now, video games will have to be content with using their 360's instead.

Attached Files:

2. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

This is kind of old news already, but whatever, I think they might announce it 2013 but 2013's still somewhat too early since Xbox 360 has so much potential and we don't need newer consoles but more better games (which we already have).

2015 or later, please.

3. thekorngear

thekorngear Resident

2015 is a bit too far, either. A refreshed DX10/11 is much needed (at least by me) for the 360/PS3. And a full 1080p optimizations is demanding. I remember last year when I got my notebook I curiously installed dirt3 which was my one and only PC game play in the last four years and I never liked it on my 360. Yes, that may trigger a whole different ages ol' debate but my point is consoles should get fairly nice visuals improvement by this time. At times, I liked DMC4 or G.O.W on my 360 with optimized graphics and gameplay on HDTV but as days advance (more specifically since late 2010) visuals are really getting not-so-interesting (as saying staler might hurt people) on these consoles. Mid to late 2013 is perfect IMHO.

4. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I honestly don't care if the graphics themselves are better but I would like a GPU in the next system that can natively handle 1920x1080 (1080p).

5. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I would like for all games to run at 1920x1080 60fps personally, i love the smoothness of Gears of War running at 60fps on the PC. It just improves the experience a lot i think, especially in fast moving games. 30fps on games like Sonic Generations just makes the game feel too slow to me.

6. GILLY

GILLY Elite Member

Most likely the Xbox8 name/URL is something to do with Windows 8, doubt it's anything else.

Wasn't their a rumour ages ago of MS putting a stripped down version of Windows 8 onto Xbox's or something along those lines, guess in the next few months we'll find out :)

7. xXTacoGuyXx

xXTacoGuyXx Addict

I would prefer if the 720 came out sometime around Christmas 2014, or early (before April) 2015, so that i can either get it for Christmas, or my Birthday, but still have at least 2 years with my current slim. I still need a new PC, and don't want to spend close to 1 grand on a new console.