Xbox Live Enabled games now on Windows Marketplace

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by InsaneNutter, Aug 5, 2012.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

If you are running the RTM build of Windows 8 you can now download several Xbox Live enabled Metro games, which are remakes of classic Windows games. Each game contains achievements, leader boards and weekly / daily challenges.

Surprisingly i found myself quite enjoying these remakes of classic Windows games. I even managed to finish an expert 30x16 grid on Minesweeper!

I've not been the biggest fan of Windows 8 during its development, however quality Metro apps like these, Xbox Smart Glass and the general Xbox integration do make it appeal more to me. I can see playing more live enabled games been fun on a windows powered tablet anyway!

A few random screenshots of the games below:

Attached Files:

Slaz and jessenic like this.
  2. Slaz

Slaz Roast as you make toast!

For some reason the LIVE connection doesn't work for me. The games are fine as ever though, gotta love Minesweeper since Win95. :D

3. InsaneNutter

In regards to the live connectivity you might have to be logging on to windows with your live account and not a local account.

4. Slaz

Slaz Roast as you make toast!

I am signed into Windows with the same account I primarily use on my Xbox.

I did some Google searches now and found out that Xbox LIVE functionality in Windows 8 isn't (or wasn't?) available in all countries. In the Consumer Preview it only worked with US and if I recall 3 other countries. However, I can't find any information whether it's available more broadly now in the current RTM and app versions.

My Microsoft Account is set to the Dutch region, and even though the Windows 8 RTM doesn't have a Dutch language pack ready, it translates most of the Metro parts and apps as it sees my MS account as being Dutch. This might also explain the SmartGlass problems, though I'm not entirely sure. The error in the image below roughly translates as:

'An unknown error has occured. try again or come back later. Go to Xbox.com for support.' Really helpfull message indeed.. :D

loljkr.png

5. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

Agreed.

I sure would love to have Minesweeper on Xbox 360, maybe someday, who knows. :)

6. InsaneNutter

You can have it right now ;)

7. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

Thanks, Nutter.

But I was thinking more something like this:

[​IMG]

Guess that's the closest Minesweeper will get on 360.

8. Andami

Andami Addict

If you get a WP7 (or 8), you can download Minesweeper off the marketplace. It even has 50g :)