Xbox Live Rep and Player Feedback a joke?

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Nimrod, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Just wondering if any other Xbox Live players feel the same as me, but I'm starting to think the whole "Rep" thing with the stars and the feedback system is a joke. Heres how I see it:

Play in around 50 Xbox Live games and your guaranteed 5 stars, you will then never lose them. I have never seen anyone with less than 5 stars unless they are new to Xbox Live and haven't played enough to get 5 stars. Surely everyones not perfect? I've seen enough twats on Xbox Live to know they cant surely have 5 stars.

The Player feedback system is a joke, I've had friends receive bad player feedback solely for winning a game, or in same cases just for being "British" in an American game.
    I then look at my rep, and in the past month I have received a negative player feedback for the reason "Trash Talk" now people who know me or even Insanenutter know we talk a lot of crap on Xbox Live but there is one thing about it. Its always in a private party chat or in a team chat when we are the entire team. I'll be honest, I dont talk in normal Xbox games unless I'm with friends (and even then, thats in a private chat) as I dont really find talking to random internet people fun and do everything to avoid it and just play silently and sometimes without a headset even on. So to how I have trash talked and annoyed someone in a public game by not talking I will never know. Luckily due to the Rep I mentioned early, it doesnt effect 5 stars.

I've also been in games when there have been racists people, kids playing awful music over a headset and calling everyone "niggers" and "fags" to name a few words. I've had people say that everyone leave that person feedback and I've known at least 5 players on my team for sure have left that person negative feedback, so thats easily 5+ negative feedbacks. Does there rep still change? No. And I'm sure if they act like that all the time on Xbox Live more people must have put in negative feedback over time.

My overall view is the system just isnt working. Its impossible even with mass reporting to make any damage on someones Rep. Having 5 stars should show a player is very polite, never quits early and doesnt mess about in public ranked games. Something that should be reserved for only a few % of the Xbox Live community and not something everyone should have.

The system just seems to be abused for giving feedback just for not liking someone without any credible reason. I myself give feedback a fair bit for people who quit early in a ranked game. For example going into a 5v5 game on Gears 2 and having half your team quit just because your not winning giving the remaining players no chance makes me leave them with the feedback "Quit Early" which I feel is justified and correct use of the system.

I know no system is perfect, but for a paid-for system I would have thought it would be tweaked a bit more. While Microsoft needs to make a system in place for incorrectly giving bad feedback for wrong reasons which it does at the same time when someone receives a lot of negative feedback more damage should be given to someones Rep.

Anyone else wish to experience there view on the Xbox Live Rep system?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

To be honest the rep system doesn’t work at all in my opinion, I have 75% of people apparently saying I quite games early. However if you have ever played on live with me hosting you will be aware if I’ve gotta go ill leave the game running when I get ready so it gives the players a chance to finish, I even say when I’m playing that im the host and this is going to be the last round.

As Nimrod pointed out do you ever see anyone with less than 5 stars who is not new to Xbox Live?

Another thing ive noticed is that when playing on live you always seem to end up with hardcore gamers who are in the underground or pro zone when you yourself and other party members are set to recreational, again does the gamer zone your in actually do anything?

I’m thankful for the new party chat system in the NXE, it means you don’t have to listen to the trash people talk when playing on public games.

3. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

When we were playing yesterday nimrod, I never gave the RAAM guy negative feedback. Though I did give everyone on my team (you know who you are) positive feedback, enjoy. :) I didn't see it right to do that do RAAM even though his internet connection sucked. Though yes, it does seem like a joke. It does need Greatly improved. Xbox Live has improved everything about it even xbox.com and GFW. The next thing they need to work on is the rep's.

4. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

The RAAM guy got negative from the rest of us not because of the lag, but the fact he quit just before we won the second round (we were so few points away from victory). People would soon disconnect than have a loss against there record and it means all our work was for nothing. The lag I guess he could do nothing about, but quitting he choose to do.

I don't get the deal with that. I know it cant always do it if a party has people with mixed gamerzones but other than that even if our entire team is recreational it doesn't seem to effect matchmaking and put us with other recreational users which I assumed was the whole point of having different zones. I want to play with people who play for fun and winning isnt everything and also enjoy a good game without everyone calling eachother (inset rude word here).

5. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Very good point. There is just no point of the stars and feedback. I used to be in a clan and we beat this other team on COD 4 so they gave us all bad feedback because we won fairly. I hate people who do that..