Xbox Micro makes the Wii look overweight

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by InsaneNutter, Aug 19, 2009.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

[​IMG]

A modder by the name of Bandit5317 created this amazing mod of an original Xbox, cramming in a 320GB HDD (though no optical drive) in the process. It took six months to build, but looks absolutely amazing.

The polycarbonate case holds the guts of a flashed Xbox, so even though it's got no DVD drive, it'll serve as a great media center with the help of XBMC. It definitely makes the current crop of consoles look bloated in comparison, though we're told it runs a bit hot due to the tight quarters inside. Still, it's a great mod, especially given the original Xbox's considerable girth.

Source

Attached Files:

2. Titcher

Titcher Addict

That's damn impressive, there's got to be some board reduction done there somehow, the board in my xbox is the same as a mATX roughly.

3. ShockResist

ShockResist Resident

this is a pretty cool mod.

4. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

That's pretty awesome. I doubt he did any board reduction, any parts you'd cut off would really render the board non functional, I don't think you could reconnect THAT many traces either. The xbox1 PSU was inside the case though, and I imagine he made it into an external power brick or a tiny proprietary ATX psu. This is very much the type of modding I really liked form the xbox1 days. Really ingenious design.