"Xbox Music" and "Xbox Video" a sign that the name "Zune" is disappearing for good?

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Rockman, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

As Xbox 360 has received a new dashboard update (Beta Dashboard Update) the name "Zune" is no longer seen or used on what was the marketplace for Video and Music, now it's "Xbox Music" and "Xbox Video", so where does this leave "Zune" at? Is Microsoft finally getting rid off of Zune for good?

For PC and whatnot they could rename it from "Zune Music" and "Zune Video" to "Windows Music" and "Windows Video", or something new.

By the way, now it works like the Game Marketplace, you can leave as you desire without pressing for a confirmation and whatnot. :)

2. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

It still says Zune for your status whenever you enter "Xbox Music/Video"

3. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Does this mean I still have to go into a seperate app to watch videos away from the dashboard? Hate that about Zune Video Marketplace :(

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Nope there's actually an option on the dashboard to play just videos on the Xbox, not sure if you have Xbox Music / Zune installed if it forces you to use that. However not having it downloaded it doesn't make me do so.

5. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

It does? I honestly haven't noticed the name "Zune" anywhere.