xbox no signal after update dashboard

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by KHLDON, Jul 11, 2023.

1. KHLDON

KHLDON Member

Hello i was trying to use the kinect and xbox says you need to update so i watched this video:

and doing everything right but after the xbox restart give me no signal and i cant boot into xell, how i can fix it ?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

If I had to guess you have restored the avatar / Kinect data with a newer system update than what the Jtag / RGH 360 was on, doing this will brick the console.

Without Xell the only way to recover is to solder a nand flasher to the 360's motherboard and restore a backup of the nand from before you updated.

KHLDON likes this.
  3. KHLDON

KHLDON Member

first i connected xbox with wifi without dashboard xbox live block on and keep getting message to update through xbox live and click no until i run the block and after while the kinect stop working and get message update your system to use kinect so i saw this video and when installing the new update for dashboard like 14:00 in the video after system turn off for reboot stop working after that. can you tell me if you can what wrong with the video and what i do.

4. InsaneNutter

Something was probably selected incorrectly when building your new hacked nand update if I had to guess. As to what exactly its impossible to say as I don't know how your Xbox 360 was hacked (Jtag, RGH, RGH2 and so on) or what options you chose when building the new hacked nand.

Do you have a backup of the Xbox 360's nand from before you updated? if so you can use a usb nand flasher such as the Nand-X for example to flash this working nand back to the 360. It should then work the same as before you attempted to build a new nand.

5. KHLDON

KHLDON Member

i don't know what is the hack version so i didn't choose any version thinks it was automatic because he is detecting it was i think smc 2.04 and i didn't see it in option and that's what happened, yes i have a copy for the nand, and i don't understand what is the nand and what it does and what you say using a nand flasher, can you explain and if you have any suggestions that can help me for the nand flasher and parts name that i can buy to fix it and thank you.

6. InsaneNutter

The nand is the Xbox 360's onboard storage, essentially where it it stores the operating system & unique identifying info is stored which allows the Xbox 360 to function.

You need something like the nand-x to flash an update to the nand over USB from a PC: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174319105441 - (you will need to solder this to the 360's motherboard)

Have a read here for info and how to set it up: https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox_360:Standard_NAND

Essentially the end result will be you can read and write to the 360s nand over USB from a PC.

KHLDON likes this.
  7. KHLDON

KHLDON Member

First, I would like to thank you for responding to me and answering my questions, i just open the xbox and its corona 16mb v1 and has x360run and i think i will buy pi pico but the problem maybe the backup i got its broken or something else when i load the source into jrunner give trinity 16mb and different cpu key not like xell so can i install new nand or trying to make this nand work, i saw all videos when reading nand from xbox its same nand but when i take the backup its different motherboard and cpu key, i think that broke the xbox, and how i can know version of rgh ?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
  8. InsaneNutter

What backups do you have?

Do you have the consoles original nand from before it was hacked?
    Do you make a backup of the existing hacked nand before following the YouTube video to update?

The CPU key is unique to each Xbox 360 console, so your key will be different to any videos you see on YouTube.
    The 1BL key is the same on all 360's, so you might be confusing the CPU key with that.

I suspect you probably have the original RGH hack given you have a x360run.

Either way you need some way of writing to the Xbox 360's nand, if you can get that ability with a Pi Pico, Nand-X or any other way then you are in a good position to hopefully fix the Xbox 360.

Please be aware I have Jtagged one Xbox 360 13 years ago for my personal use, so I can only be so much help to you with this. However if you can read / write to the nand from a PC then you can build a new nand and flash that to the console, hopefully fixing it.

9. KHLDON

KHLDON Member

I hacked my xbox like 7 years ago in an electronics store and I don't have the original nand I made a backup like the video I took the nand from the xbox and I saved it and took another copy to update, i will try when i receive it using picoflasher.