Xbox One Rollup Thread - Are you going to purchase?

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Nimrod, Jun 16, 2013.

?

Are you going to purchase the Xbox One?

1. Yes - The news from E3 on Games, Features, and Online Requirements means I'm set for purchase.

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No - The news from E3 has made me second-guess my decision and now I'm not going to purchase.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I was never in the market to purchase an Xbox One, therefore the news from E3 hasn't changed me.

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

There's been some great threads with peoples opinions on the Xbox One. Don't stop, we love them.

But to allow us to arrogate everyone's views into one, please vote on this poll :)

Important: This Poll is aimed at Digiex's Xbox Community who had an interest in buying an Xbox One in the first place. For anyone who was always going to get a PS4 / Never intended to buy an Xbox One if you feel you have to vote I've made a third option for you. The Idea of this Poll is not for PS Fanboy trolls or other people who never have any intent to purchase an Xbox One in the first place. If you want to attack its features feel free to make a thread or reply to one instead ;)

Let's get a true idea if Microsoft's E3 appearance was positive or negative to existing customers! :)
    If possible, once you have voted can you give a little right up by replying on your view point? I want to try and arrogate Digiex'ers views on the matter to help steer our editorial content and future development as a gaming forum.

Note: Anyone coming in here trolling about how Sony / PS4 is better in their view will get post deleted. There is a separate thread just like this for you to discuss the Sony E3 Conference https://digiex.net/general-discussi...ation-4-rollup-thread-you-going-purchase.html Repeat offenders will get an infraction / post limits. We just want to hear about Xbox Users and the E3 Event and if it effected them positively / negatively in this thread.

My View:
    I always had a interest in the next Xbox, be it I've owned every current-gen console and found myself playing Xbox 95% of the time. The PS3 just became a Blu-ray Player / Little Big Planet gaming machine. I think this generation I'm going to be more controlled and only buy into one piece of hardware. Based on experience from the current-gen I already had the mindset that Xbox was going to be the one this generation. When they first announced the online requirement I started really thinking about PS4. Microsoft did themselves no favours with how it was announced. However recent interviews and news has come to light and shown the benefits to always on connectivity (more importantly, that you can set a group of friends to share your Xbox One library with!) as such considering I live in a city with fast fibre optic broadband and the fact I only ever play Multiplayer / Coop Games on my 360 the online requirement doesn't bother me in the slightest anymore. Plus I think theres a great group of friends on Digiex who I will happily enable Game Library sharing with so we can all play each-others games for free! :D

2. xXTacoGuyXx

xXTacoGuyXx Addict

I was going to purchase from the beginning tbh. I started with a Playstation 1, but ended up going to the original Xbox, and did the same with the X360. I have a PS3, but that's now a blu-ray player mostly. When i heard the announcement for the internet connection requirement and DRM stuff, i wasn't happy with it, but it doesn't really affect me anyway. I'm always connected to my WiFi, and i rarely trade games with friends (usually old Xbox Original games), or buy used games (i prefer to buy new). The games Microsoft showed at E3 interest me more than the games Sony showed, and even though a couple of my friends play primarily on Playstation, i play with one of my friends a lot more on the Xbox 360. I also prefer the UI and controllers that M$ make, unlike Sony's.
    Even though the X1 is about $50 more, i'm going to get it, albeit not as soon as it comes out. I'd rather wait for any major issues (*cough* RRoD *cough*) to be ironed out, and then get an Xbox One with Halo Xbox One when it comes out. By that time, i should hopefully have enough money to get it, and hopefully already have bought myself a car.

3. luckyvic

luckyvic Addict

I want to get the Xbox One, but the price I can't afford it now and that's okay because with Xbox & 360 I waited a few years for price to come down.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

The Xbox 360 is the only reason I'm interested in console gaming, before the 360 i was 90% a PC gamer, enjoying Mario Kart, Smash Brothers and a couple of other games on the GameCube.

Then Microsoft came along with the 360 and some really powerful software which totally redefined gaming for me

• We had achievements which were pretty awesome, as for someone like me it encouraged me to finish a game and even try things in a game i probably wouldn't have bothered with before.
    • Xbox Live took the UK by storm, everyone seemed to be getting online and playing. For the first time friends who had no clue about PC's were getting online and joining in some games, everyone had a headset and used it to talk.
    • The Xbox also pushed what i would have called "indie games" at the time, i loved a lot of the arcade games that have come out on the console over the year
    • The Xbox has evolved over the years too, some of it good, some of it bad, but Kinect was a pretty good innovation and really helped the console appeal to a wider audience.
    • Co-op gaming is something that started on the Xbox too, very few games had co-op play before Gears and Halo 3

So why am i listing all that you might ask?

If we ignore the DRM the stuff shown for the Xbox at E3 was miles ahead of Sony and Nintendo. Sure i'm against DRM, but at the end of the day i'm buying a console for what i can do with it and what games ill be able to enjoy. I see Microsoft pushing new innovations forward this next gen, but at the same time providing the same core gaming experience for the more hardcore gamers.

I did seriously conceder the PS4 for a few days, however the stuff shown at E3 just didn't interest me enough and i ended up thinking ill just sooner go back to PC gaming.

The worst case scenario is the 24 hour limit stays, sooner or later the console will be hacked to bits. The 24 hour DRM will be a great challenge to people who enjoy finding exploits and hacking consoles too.

It's quite possible were going to see tech like IllumiRoom come to the Xbox in the lifespan of the Xbox One.

Ill be the first to say Microsoft has made an absolute mess of the Xbox One reveal in regards to hiding the DRM and setting such extreme limits, there is no defending that. Sony owned them at E3 and rightfully so, Microsoft havn't been on the ball in regards to the DRM.

DRM aside i think the Xbox has by far the better software and exclusive games, which is really what's going to make or break the console.

I'm very interested to see how it evolves over time like the Xbox 360 did and want to be with it from the start.

The 24 hour DRM really the only bad thing i see about the console, none of the big 3's consoles are perfect, however the Xbox is the one I'm most interested in, so to be it makes sense just to stick with the Xbox.