1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Xbox Offline Xbox Live Downloadable Content [DLC] Installers

Discussion in 'Downloadable Content' started by Harcroft, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

I took a look and you are correct. FeudalNate's quest signer tool on Xbox doesn't seem to work on Xemu. I sent him a message about it.

I have some good news and some bad news for you. The good news is you still have two methods to install the quests https://github.com/feudalnate/PSO-Quest-DLC-Tools You can use this tool (also from FeudalNate) on your PC to sign the quests and just FTP them into the folders the installer creates.
    From the installer Content\Quests\ choose your language, the files go in E:\TDATA\4d53004a\$c\. If you're using english quests they go in the following folders:
    quest72_e.dat goes in 4D53004A20000048
    quest284_e.dat goes in 4D53004A2000011C
    quest285_e.dat goes in 4D53004A2000011D
    quest477_e.dat goes in 4D53004A200001DD

All that being said, those 4 quests and and others can be downloaded from the SchtHack or Sylverant PSO servers that you can connect to through Insignia.

Now the bad news. PSO runs pretty poorly on Xemu. Even with a top tier gaming PC you're not going to get a playable experience on Xemu just yet.

2. SqHd

SqHd New Member

Thanks so much for looking into this and providing some alternatives. I do have Insignia up and running. Even logged into PSO over the weekend. I was wondering why it was so laggy.

I’ll see about downloading the quests there. Or maybe I’ll FTP to the folders you mentioned. Honestly, at times I have more fun configuring the games and emulators than actually playing! :P

All the best and Happy Holidays!

3. Mage

Mage Member

First of all thank you for this amazing work! This is awesome!
    I was just wondering, if there is an all in one pack to download?

4. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

I have never assembled a single pack of installers in one download, but you can try this:
    https://www.xbox-scene.info/forums/...-a-collection-of-known-dlcs-on-a-single-disc/
    I do not support or endorse it simply because I haven't looked at it and had no input in it's creation.

I am working on a pack of all the DLC and updates to just throw on a public repo but I do need help from the community to verify the documentation and packages for accuracy.

Mage and InsaneNutter like this.
  5. Mage

Mage Member

Thank you! This looks promising! I appreciate it!

I tested it today, but i will wait for a pack of all the dlc and updates. I really prefer what we have here - a small executable for every game. The one from the link is basically a disc Image from unleashx. It destroys my network settings every time and you cant save changes, because its an Image file. But it's still a nice effort and it was an easy download for 113 games.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
  6. Mage

Mage Member

So it was quite easy to download all DLC packages with jdownloader. If you want to follow the idea of packing an all in one dlc package, you could start easy and limit it to insignia playable games at first. I am pretty sure, that this community could be really helpful in verifying the usability of packages.

I can confirm, that the counter strike dlc package works and is compatible with insignia to start off.

7. Sod

Sod New Member

Made an account just to say thanks! I downloaded the Brute Force DLC and it worked like a charm. Still haven't been able to beat the DLC campaign mission on Brutal without losing anyone. Not sure if it is possible!!

InsaneNutter likes this.
  8. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

I have no interest in bullding a giant pack for everything in one menu. Though I do intend to make some more group packages like all DDRU DLC in one menu system.
    I also semi-regularly update individual installers so the larger packs could be made out of date very quickly.
    The Counter-Strike DLC and updates specifically are hosted on Insignia now, seeing how small they both are, that's a very good option for downloading them. When things like Halo 2's DLC become available though users will still want to use other methods to install as installing through Insignia will take well over 30 minutes.

I'm still working on a bulk pack of all the content we currently have collected paired with documentation explaining what all of it is. Lack of help from the community is slowing things down. That may not be as user friendly as an installer, but it will be great for people who want to build their own preload pack or who can FTP all they content they want onto a console and just run FeudalNate's signer.

Mage likes this.
  9. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

Awesome! I'm glad you're getting use out of this today all these years after we started this project.

Sod likes this.
  10. Mage

Mage Member

Just a quick question about those dlcs:
    The installer asks me to select a region, pal or ntsc. Now I am located in pal region and I have a pal xbox, but my eeprom is set to ntsc. And I have got ntsc and pal games. Which region should i select when installing dlcs then?
    Any help would be highly appreciated!

11. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

The region of the Title Update has to match the region of your game XBE. If you have a PAL game, install a PAL update.
    When in doubt you can reference this list.
    https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox:Xbox_Title_Updates

You can check the region and version of your XBE with DeXbe in windows or with DVD2xbox XBE info on the xbox.

Mage likes this.
  12. Mage

Mage Member

Awesome! Thank you for this quick reply! I appreciate it and everything you do for this community a lot!!

Harcroft likes this.
  13. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

Halo 2 installer updated with a real French Update 5 to replace the spoofed one.
    Added Halo 2 xISO for Xemu users, limited this version to the 4 DLCs, the 7 gametypes, and the 5 real + 3 remaining spoofed Title Update 5 versions

The missing French update 5 for Halo 2 was contributed by an anonymous Insignia user. That console dump also includes missing updates for Star Wars Battlefront, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Tetris Worlds.

InsaneNutter likes this.
  14. bejix

bejix New Member

Hello Harcroft and all the others here!

First: Great job you do here - I'm amazed.

Second: Sadly I have the same issue as user Anthony Lester described in August 2021 (see quote). Sadly there was no reply to his post back then, so I hope somebody can help us here.

Installing PGR2 Booster Packs (Paris and Long Beach) works just fine, but I can't see the Booster packs ingame. I guess this is because I'm not able to install the Title Update. I tried several hours now - no chance to get it to work.

If I start the TU from the Dashboard Launcher, I get to a full screen showing the loading picture "loading.png" from the CDXU folder. I can cleary hear the hard drive doing something, but nothing happens. The full screen loading picture show forever, and I have to shut down the XBox to get it to stop.

If I start the TU by using my file manager, and open the default.xbe, I can see a selection screen where I have 3 options: PAL, NTCS and Reboot. No matter which of the entries I choose - nothing happens. I can just hear some sort of a chime sound, but nothing else happens.

Any idea what can be the issue here?

- I have a XBox with XECUTER2 chip
    - PAL XBox, PAL PGR2 disc
    - I copied all the files via FileZilla, using Binary Transfer mode
    - I also tried copying the game to my HDD by using DVD2xbox, but TU still don't work

It would be so cool if I can get the Booster Packs installed.

Cheers from Austria

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024