Recent content by AndyInNYC

  1. A

    Original XBox remote system link?

    I'm trying to find software (a VPN, for example) that runs on the original XBox (not Kai, for example which requires additional machines) that would allow remote machines to play Halo 2 via System Link. Does such a beast exist? Thanks for the help. Andrew
  2. A

    Having problems with XBoxHDM 1.9 - need suggestions

    OK, so I'm responding to myself - at least I don't hear voices (yet). I recreated the XBoxHDM 1.9 boot cd using the e:\backup files from one of my other softmodded Xbox machines. In theory this should be a virgin set of files as opposed to the files on the current, but not hacked quite...
  3. A

    Having problems with XBoxHDM 1.9 - need suggestions

    After wrecking several hard drives with 'bad passwords' for locking, I finally got the hang of using XBoxHDM 1.9. I set up the disk and used my eeprom.bin file in the right place. Copied the C and E drives from a working XBox and then (using the Linux choice of #3) correctly locked the hard...
  4. A

    Need to completely rebuild my original xbox

    As discussed in an earlier thread I picked up a third xbox for the kids to frag each other in Halo 2. My softmod went somewhat awry; I recovered such that XBMC boots, but it doesn't allow for apps to run and it also won't allow me to install the Halo 2 DLC (it tells me my 250 GB drive has too...
  5. A

    Messed up Softmod, trying to recover

    So, the problem appeared to be confused softmod packages in the sense that my machine had both a e:\XBMC and e:\Apps\XBMC directories. I copied the updated, full XBMC executables into both directories (I'm not skilled enough to sleuth out which was being pointed to) and 'poof' the machine is...
  6. A

    Messed up Softmod, trying to recover

    I understand and believe I did that. One file didn't copy. I skipped it and then moved it by hand after renaming the original file which wouldn't delete. I will try again and see if that works. My question is: isn't the 'boot file' called something like default.xbe? If this is located in...
  7. A

    Messed up Softmod, trying to recover

    So I downloaded the 3.5 executables and copied them to E:\app\xbmc (after deleting the older, presumably messed up install). After rebooting, I get the same error. Is there a file I need to drop into the root (or some other) directory to make this all work? Seems like I'm close, but certainly...
  8. A

    Messed up Softmod, trying to recover

    Hi all. I'm sunk trying to set up the basement xbox. Unfortunately, the softmod failed and I'm 'mostly dead'. I ran the softmod and it failed, so I used the softmod (SID 5.1x) to uninstall the softmod. I then re-ran the softmod to try again. That mod again failed - and now when I boot up...
  9. A

    Xbox Offline Xbox Live Downloadable Content [DLC] Installers

    Killocity is a map pack, but apparently you need to sign the maps (as I understand it) with serenity (?). I'm trying to find a howto that wasn't written by an excited 12 year old (so to speak). Andrew
  10. A

    Xbox Offline Xbox Live Downloadable Content [DLC] Installers

    Hurray! I updated to 1.5 and rebooted. I started Halo 2 and couldn't find any 1.5 info/anything changed. I installed the map packs and game variations and rebooted. In System Link the maps are there. Haven't played yet. Now I'll do the other machine in the same order. Thanks! Happy child to...
  11. A

    Xbox Offline Xbox Live Downloadable Content [DLC] Installers

    Appreciate the fast response. So, I'll rechimp the drive ftp the files to my larger drive (does it matter where they land as long as the Program->Add can see the installer? install 1.5 from the installer (should I reboot?) Install the map packs and mods Hope for the best <g> I'd also love to...

About Digiex

Digiex is a technology and gaming forum, founded in 2004 by InsaneNutter and Nimrod. Digiex has served the internet community with breaking news, detailed guides, exclusive downloads and a popular discussion forum. A small, friendly community of like‑minded people has developed over the years. People are encouraged to register and participate in on‑going discussions.

Get Social

Back
Top Bottom