250GB Hitachi original HD accidentally formatted to Fat32

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by gica69, Dec 3, 2011.

1. gica69

gica69 New Member

I bought two of them, identical, I was trying to put the saves from the 120GB on the 250GB, I either converted to Fat32 in the Memory section on the xbox usb, or one of the wrong xplorers did it. Anyhow I do have access to the second HD with the Hitachi inside. Can I restore the Fat32 back to the original, making an undo.bin, or in any other way? I read most of the tutorials about using the HDDss250GB.bin on WesternDigital drives. How do you fix the original Hitachi? Thanks in advance for some help.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

If you go in to memory on the Xbox 360 can you format the drive? not configure it to be used in the Xbox 360 but actually format? it should ask you to enter your Xbox 360's serial number when doing so.

3. gica69

gica69 New Member

The drive is no longer recognised as an xbox drive, it's formatted to fat32. I have an identical extra one(both Hitachi) and want to know if I extract the HDD.bin from the good one and flash it to the fat32 one will it work. And can I format it in the xbox or do I need the HDDHacker tool?

4. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Format the drive to NTFS and put it in the 360. It may come up as unformatted device.

5. gica69

gica69 New Member

Hey thanks for the tip, I already removed the microsoft sticker and used hddhackr to just reformat. But I wonder if what you said would work, it was mistakenly formatted to fat32. The hddss.bin remained untouched so it just needed reformatting.
    The Xbox360 didn't see the fat32. Would it see the NTSC as unformatted? Dont know. Thanks again.

6. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Everytime i've ever formatted a hard drive that was messed up, I always formatted it to NTFS and then the 360 would see it as unformatted. Please check back if it works or not, it would be appreciated. As this is something i've been wanting someone else to test just to make sure it's because of that.