360 profile corrupt and absolutely nothing seems to work

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by rrosai, Jun 1, 2011.

1. rrosai

rrosai Member

I have one ixtreme box for certain games and one jtag in another room for other games and I've been keeping my single profile on a USB stick.

Then my profile suddenly isn't there and I get "profile corrupted" when I look where it's supposed to be in the memory settings. I didn't tamper with any of the contents and I haven't gone online with either machine.

I've spent about 10 hours going up and down stairs trying every variant of every tutorial I could for uncorrupting profiles, but no matter what I do the result is exactly the same on both systems.

Con Flag Remover/Consaver plus Hash Block Calculator both seem like they're doing what the tutorials say they should be, but still no results. Modio confirms that apparently all my stuff is still IN my profile, but resigning/rehashing via it does nothing either.

I've never gone online but once years ago when I had only played one game, so doing that now to "recover gametag" would accomplish nothing but resetting my hundreds of achievements to nothing and getting me banned. And even if I decided to give up on all my past achievements and saves the games I'm currently in the middle of have effectively locked me out since the saves are tied to "corrupt profile".

Considering the plethora of guides to uncorrupting I thought surely I'd get something to work. Are there any alternatives I might not have found? Something I can do with homebrew on my JTAG? Or something that will work as long as I never care about online? If I made friends with somebody smarter than me would it be possible to have somebody else look at the actual profile file and give me advice?

Edit:

I think I may have a clue to what's wrong with my profile.

[​IMG]

The working dummy profile I created on the left shows that the "file details" should be the same as the "profile id", but my corrupt profile has a bunch of gibberish after that. I can't edit that text though.

Also after resigning there is some similar garbled text on the bottom left.

I found that the program "Le Fluffie" let me edit this garbled text, but Modio still shows it on the bottom left after resigning unlike the other profiles.

I hope somebody please knows what I can do. All those hundreds of hours I spent getting those achievements...

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Can you not open your profile in a 360 game save resigner and remove the corruption in the file details area? I know programs like that let you edit the ID's and stuff. That is likely the problem as you think.

I have no experience with this or any banned / flagged consoles to try and work out where your going wrong. But if you want message me a link to your profile, or a corrupted profile from your console and ill try and fix it to work on my legit console. We can maybe work out where you are going wrong then.

rrosai likes this.
  3. rrosai

rrosai Member

I've downloaded and tried every flag remover and resigner I can find. They all look like they're working, but the results are the same.

The only thing I've found that lets me mess with the ID was Le Fluffie, but even that didn't uncorrupt it after all.

That's so kind of you to offer to have a look. I don't know what I could offer in return, unless you like snacks from Japan hehe.

I can attach it but I guess I should at least put a password, which I'll send you in a PM.

Attached Files:

4. rrosai

rrosai Member

No luck with that I guess? Thanks anyway.

I managed to create a "zombie profile" in Le Fluffe by extracting the contents of the profile and creating an STFS package from scratch. It allows me to load my saves, but the gamerscore is stuck at zero and the profile is write-only. No achievements, profile preferences can't be saved, and every time I log in it prompts me to create an avatar, then gives "avatar couldn't be saved" error. Oh, and it can't be transferred nor can I recreate it on another stick. Broken though it is, it seems to be a miracle fluke.

Man this sucks.

5. thekorngear

thekorngear Resident

Hello guys. My previous xbox 20 GB had a spoofed sammy drive and therefore it was penalized as failed ap25 challenge and after couple of months it was upgraded to lt+ it became useless with e64 error. My gamer profile was 11 MB in size with 20,000+ Gamerscore. I always used to backup it through the usb to my PC and unflagged and rehashed with con flag remover and xbox 360 hash calculator respectively knowing the fact that each time I put that "cleaned" profile in a flagged/banned console it gets "corrupted" again. Luckily I got a xbox arcade in exchange for my phat ps3. As I mentioned above I thought I would just have to push the profile in the memory stick and it will be fine on that new console. But it continued to show corrupted profile. I had no idea what to do as it was also cleaned with consaver (rehashed with new console's ID). Then I got this app- Xbox 360 Content locks (it is found somewhere in this very forum). It resets the device ID, console ID to 0. I did it and saved it. And only after that my profile showed fine on my new console. Since then no problem so far.

The other "corrupted" (and now cleaned) game saves like MC: LA run fine on this console. One particular prob was MC: LA's photo album. I just dont get if the game save file (584 KB) and the Photo Album (3.22MB) are cleaned with same programs then why the save game showed up its ass just fine while the photo album was still detected as corrupted. :S I therefore ran the content locks program to reset it to 0 and then the photo album worked.

6. InsaneNutter

Nope i tried a few things, I just can not get it to show as anything but uncorrupted.

Edit - i also tried Xbox 360 Content locks as suggested by thekorngear on your profile and i could not get it to uncorrupt. I re hashed it and everything after doing that too.

Really not too sure what else can be done, maybe try thekorngear's suggestion your self and see if you have any luck.

7. thekorngear

thekorngear Resident

sorry to hear that insanenutter. You have to remove the lock, Null IDs and then resign it under the action tab. MOMENTS AGO I could not make it work my one year ol' split/second save data (68 KB), I just removed the locks (not even set the ID's to Null/0) and now the game loads it fine. After using content locks the profile is now smooth fine on the console. Now my achievement is 23300 G, size is 12.64 MB.

8. rrosai

rrosai Member

Yeah, the lock thing does nothing.

Anyway, I can't give up. I moved my 360 onto the same floor as my computer and I'll just keep trying stuff until something works.

I have no idea why, but one of my tries resulted in my pic showing up instead of the orange circle, as well as this amusing result. Anyone want to purchase the world's largest USB thumbstick from me?

huge2.jpg

9. InsaneNutter

Maybe you could just create a new offline profile, export the gpd's (achivements) from your old profile and import them to the new offline profile?

You could then resign and move all the saves to this new offline profile.

Here i created a new profile and imported the gpd's from your corrupt profile
    [​IMG]

For some reason the new profiles gamerscore / avatar does not show up after messing with it
    [​IMG]

However it does show up fine when signed in
    [​IMG]

The program is buggy though, it will only import one game at a time, might be worth looking in to if you can not fix your profile anyway.

I dont think this would be safe for xbox live as its probably obvious you have messed about with the profile, and i dont think the achievements stay in the correct order (although they are loads of settings so thats probably possible)

Something to maybe look in to anyway.

Attached Files:

10. rrosai

rrosai Member

Huzzah!

Thanks so much InsaneNutter! I was planning to do that as a last resort, but the reason I didn't like the idea was someday if I logged back into Live I wanted to be clean with all my achievements updated and any DLC I'd bought, etc.

So I was intent on fixing my original profile.

My first idea was just to build a file from scratch out of the dumped contents of the profile in Le Fluffie, which resulted in the half-working zombie profile above.

My second idea was to create a new profile that didn't have whatever the hell is wrong with my corrupt profile and just overwrite all of its contents with the dumped contents of the corrupt profile.

And I finally was able to implement the second idea successfully!

I'll lay out what I did below in case it helps anyone in the future with a bafflingly corrupt profile.

First, extract the contents of my corrupt profile. There is any number of programs that will do this but I used Le Fluffie. I assume Modio will do just as well.

Now create a new profile on my 360. I don't have a transfer cable so mine was on a USB stick MU.

Now take the MU and open it in Modio. Browse to the new profile and start renaming the files, folders, etc. with my original Profile's file name, including "Profile ID" in the resigner.

Then in the resigner, go to the File Contents tab and right click to replace FFFE07D1.gpd and Account with the corrupt profile's.

Finally, I went ahead and opened Le Fluffie to change the Title ID (which corresponds to "File Details" in Modio's resigner) just to be extra safe.

At this point, the profile was showing up with full gamerscore! But I knew I wasn't finished since the actual gpd files were not inside my profile. I tried Le Fluffie, Profile Editor 2.5, and exProfile Editor that IN recommended above to import them, but they all re-corrupted my profile.

Finally I decided to manually add each gpd file in Modio, which only allows injecting one at a time. I went one by one and made sure I was only adding game files in case the cause of the corruption was in one of the non-game files, added all of them, and then when I tried it, it was not corrupt.

So I go to load up a game and unlock an achievement, and bam, reset to zero.

Sign out, sign back in, and gamerscore is back to normal. So I tried saving some profile settings, and back to zero again. Damn.

NOW, THIS LAST STEP WAS APPARENTLY IMPORTANT IN MY CASE. On a hunch, I deleted the gpd file for FF13 I had in my profile. I specifically Jtagged my Japanese console because stupid FF13 isn't region free, but apparently my profile didn't like the GPD that had been created. I'll see if it happens again when I go back and play FF13 and edit this post. I didn't delete the game from my profile, just the gdp file. And after resigning and whatnot, the profile worked perfectly.

So anyway, once I had my profile back, I tried to edit my achievements in LA Noire, the game I had been playing while my Profile was corrupt (not to cheat--just to get the achievements I had earned), but none of the above programs would do it without corrupting me. So I just gave up and forfeited those achievements for now. But all my past achievements and save files and everything else are back after all this stupid blind poking.

All that said, I don't know what will happen when or if I sign into live again, but I'm not eager to try it out anytime soon.

sparda and MasterChief like this.
  11. thekorngear

thekorngear Resident

insanenutter, can that exprofile editor delete the games with zero/ some achievements?

12. Dagger6

Dagger6 New Member

rrosai!!! I cannot thank you enough for posting this info. I was having the same problem you were having, tried EVERYTHING I could find. Went on again today thinking, "What the hell, can't hurt to search again." Found this, tried it, and it worked! If you don't mind, I may go post this on other forums (giving you credit of course) to help others with this problem. Thank you again!

13. MrDudley

MrDudley New Member

rrosai - you are the man!!!! i was having major issues with a corrupt profile and corrupt save games such as mass effect 2 and dragon age 2 (which has been a total of 80 hours of my life). I used your method above with a few tweaks as the standard methods were not rectifying my corrupt data and all i can say is wow and thank you.

Thanks to your idea above, my commander shepherd can save the universe in me3... :OD

14. sasssine

sasssine New Member

MrDudley, can you please exlain how you import your shepard to ME3? Brcause I tried to do so but even if I managed to uncorrupt the save file i can only use it in ME2. However ME3 does not recognise it. I guess it s a console ID issue. I can't wait to get my shepard save the galaxy too ;)