Black Ops update

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Brad92, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Brad92

Brad92 Member

Hey guys,

I bought a 60 gig 360 from my cousin a few days ago and just got Call of Duty Black Ops. I have played it before and loved the AI bots feature.

My 360 doesn't have a wifi adapter, so is there any way I can download the patch from a computer and then use a flashdrive to load it on the 360 HDD? If so, where could I find the patch? I've been searching all day and couldn't find anything...

My other option is to use a laptop and an Ethernet cable and try and bridge the connection to the 360.

I am not a complete electronics idiot, I have some knowledge about Droid smartphones (rooting/romming etc)

I appreciate the help.

2. Brad92

Brad92 Member

Ok, so after researching this site a little more, I feel like an idiot. I found the title updates. To get AI boys and combat training mode, do I have to flash the first one or is it included in the latest patch?

BTW, this site is awesome. Best Xbox hack site I have found.

3. Rick

Rick Moderator

did you get the laptop + xbox 360 working?

4. Brad92

Brad92 Member

I haven't tried it yet, since I have to go get an Ethernet cable.

Do you know if I can just install the latest title update and have everything, or will I need to install them starting from the first patch?

5. Rick

Rick Moderator

i dont think so.

6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Yup you only need the latest title update, that includes everything the previous update has.

As for getting online you can use Internet Connection Sharing that is built in to Windows, basically you can share your wireless connection to anything connected to the computers ethernet connection for example.

Here is a screenshot of how i helped someone do that in Vista years ago, works pretty much the same with XP or Windows 7 too: https://digiex.net/general-discussi...iscussion/842-xbox-live-over-3g.html#post7348

If you need any help with that it should be a very easy thing to get working.

Brad92 likes this.
  7. Brad92

Brad92 Member

I appreciate it Insane.

I went to Walmart earlier and got an Ethernet cable. I used my phone as a wifi hotspots and used the laptop to share through the Ethernet. Worked pretty nicely.

It did a system update and the patch, so about 200 MB worth of data.

A little off topic, but how do you like MIUI? I am running CM7 on my Droid X

8. InsaneNutter

Glad your all set, enjoy Blackops! I'm almost rank 50 on multiplayer now, it took me since last November to get there so ill not be prestiging when i do, i'm not hardcore enough to do it all again!

As for MIUI, its the best thing to happen to Android if you ask me, i have never been keen on stock Android and always had some sort of HTC Sense based rom on my Desire. I flashed MIUI about 5 months ago, expecting to get rid of it within a couple of days and here i am.

I love the freedom you have with it, anything you want to customise you can, without having to flash some hack or something. Themes, ringtones, boot screens, wallpaper and lock screens can all be downloaded and applied directly on the phone.

The launcher is great, i have my 6 most used apps docked at the bottom (phonebook, sms, dialer, email, calander and web browser) then most other things in folders. I love how there is no app draw, it gives you the freedom to sort everything how you want, and encourages you to do so. Not been forced to have a set number of home screens is great too, I have three which is perfect for what I want. (Basically how my phone is setup now, just on a much newer version of MIUI: https://digiex.net/general-discussi...on/8445-mobile-device-desktops.html#post43675)

The notification screen is great too, i like how you can turn everything on and off right from there, i find that very handy. (Screenshot: https://upload.digiex.net/files/ibywcwcnji7zx3qblxlo.png)

I could go on more but I think you get the idea, its all the little extras that add to your experience, such as been able to browser the SD card from the PC when the phone is connected to your Wifi network.

If I was to get a new phone now it would have to be capable of running MIUI, stock Android, HTC Sense and any other manufacturer customisations are so far behind MIUI.

9. Brad92

Brad92 Member

I am kinda liking how clean MIUI looks. I am what you call a crack flasher, I have tried all the Gingerbread and 2nd init based ROMs, so I will probably flash it soon.

My next phone will definitely have an unlocked bootloader though. I wanna flash some custom kernels!

10. InsaneNutter

I usually just flash another rom when something better comes out, this was a Froyo rom with HTC Sense originally, ages before it was officially released. After that a Desire HD rom port, then finally MIUI.

Will be interesting to see what the future holds. Having had an Android device for just over a year, just looking back i can see just how much it has improved already.

11. Brad92

Brad92 Member

I definitely agree. I have been on Android since Eclair and thought it was the bomb back then. When Froyo came out, I was really excited.

I am waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S II to come over here from across the pond. Seems like you Europeans always get the cool stuff first! Haha

12. Brad92

Brad92 Member

Must say, I flashed MIUI last night and it is pretty nice. I really like the music player.

13. InsaneNutter

Yup i must agree everything in MIUI is very refined, I have no real complaints about it.

Xiaomi, the Chinese guys behind MIUI are doing there own phone too, the Mi-One. Its been unveiled at a press conference in China on the 16th.

14. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

I use MIUI myself, best custom firmware ever, I think its based on CM7 too.

Never expected this thread to be about it when it started off talking about Blackops updates!

15. Brad92

Brad92 Member

Yeah, a little off topic I guess. Haha

MIUI is based on CM7, atleast on the Droid X because it boots off the Froyo kernel due to the locked bootloader. Downside of this is battery life sucks.