Clone USB Drive?

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Desu, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Desu

Desu New Member

I'm trying to copy my Xbox Live profile in such a way that I don't have to swap a USB back and forth between two 360s. I want to be able to have the profile stored on 2 identical but separate USB sticks and be able to log into Xbox Live with either (not at the same time, obviously). It seems like this should be entirely possible to me since you are able to move the profile around on a single USB drive and use it on any 360.

I have tried using using Xtaf and Modio to extract all the folders from the working USB drive and inject them into another drive but the profile comes up as corrupt and won't let me use any of my saves or Netflix or anything like that (if that could be fixed somehow then the problem would be solved). I have also tried directly copying the sectors from the working drive to the new drive using Hex Workshop. The drives are then identical according to that program, but when I put it into the 360 it is not recognized as being a configured device. There may just be some sort of partition information I'm overwriting here.

I've searched around on Google and this site for a number of hours now, so giving up and asking for help. Anyone have any ideas or want to point me at something I stupidly missed?

2. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

This is impossible to do. Even if you do have one profile on two USB sticks the 360 will ask you to recover your account from the internet if you try this method, which is why you can only move the profile from one memory device to another. That one profile is the latest version so it works but if you could use the same profile twice and they actually allowed it to work it would screw up 360 achievement scores among other things, that is why they put this restriction on.