Cloud saves and other Live features on RGH Slim

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by egparadigm, Aug 29, 2023.

1. egparadigm

egparadigm New Member

Hi all,

Grateful for your help with this, sorry if it’s common questions:

I’m getting my Slim 360 modded with RGH via a professional. He reminded me that its’s a bad idea to connect the console after due to risk of banning. Is there a way to prevent this (so I can have the 360 connected to my home network but not Live) or connect to Live despite the RGH? I don’t play online, my only interest in Live is for access to Cloud Saves (I don’t think I have any offline ones) and title updates.

It may be there’s some good info sources you can point me to!

cheers!

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

You will get console banned instantly if you connect your RGH to Xbox Live, so you will not want to be using cloud saves.

I block internet access on my router for my Jtag 360, so theirs no chance of the console ever talking to Microsoft.

DashLaunch has an option to block Xbox Live which is something that will very likely be on your 360 when its modded.

Something else you can also set the DNS settings to something that does not exist on your home network, for example 192.168.99.99. That will stop the Xbox from connecting to the internet unless you happened to be running a DNS server at 192.168.99.99 on your home network.

I have done all of the above.

Also if you plan to be using your Xbox Live profile on the RGH then ensure you do not load any homebrew when signed in to that profile, otherwise you risk a profile ban, more info here: Using an Xbox Live profile on a Jtagged / RGH hacked Xbox 360 and staying safe.

It is possible to connect a RGH to Xbox Live by using a stealth service, most of these you have to pay for. Theirs not one I can personally recommend and if you care about your Xbox Live profile then it's not something I would ever do. I believe people mainly use these services to play modded CoD games online.

3. egparadigm

egparadigm New Member

Thanks for a very helpful post and to whoever put this in the right forum. I will give that thread a good read!