Confused on what I need to burn Xbox 360 backups

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by pizzaboy192, Mar 31, 2013.

1. pizzaboy192

pizzaboy192 New Member

I have backed up a copy of Forza 3 that I own. It's an XGD2 game. I don't have an iHAS 124 drive (I have an iHAS 220, is that cross-flashable?)
    Whenever I try burning the game backup onto a disc, the drive cannot verify it, and the console (Flashed LiteOn Drive with latest LT3.0+) just says "open tray"

I tried using the BurnerMax Payload tool, but I'm not sure if that is for XGD2 games (only XGD3 ones?)
    I'm at a loss for what to do, along with what I would need to purchase if I wanted to buy a burner. help?

2. CRSZILLA

CRSZILLA New Member

There is nothing wrong with your Burns...When you have an Error like "Open Tray" it is a Laser Issue & you either need to Pot Tweak the Laser or get a Replacement...Forza 3 is an Xgd2 Game & an iHas/Payload is not needed for Xgd2, Any normal Dual Layer Burner will be fine

If you need any help or want to know more Info on Pot Tweaking or anything else please feel free to message me

InsaneNutter likes this.
  3. pizzaboy192

pizzaboy192 New Member

Thanks for the tip. Did the Pot Tweak and a bunch of other things to my drive before considering that my media may be bad. Got my hands on 5 good Verbatim brand discs and it's all good now. Discs I was using before were ones that didn't even work on a normal ISO file, so that closes that issue.

I'll be flashing my spare xbox later this week to play backups as well, and I'll see if it needs a pot tweak.

4. Himel

Himel Well-Known Member

yeah same problem but many people burn backups using melody discs....they have no problem...is it because of the writing speed ???? i used Burnermax and 4X speed..plz help