Copy save from Original Xbox to Xbox Series X - possible?

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by egparadigm, Jul 6, 2023.

1. egparadigm

egparadigm New Member

I would like to copy the save games on the HDD for my original Xbox to Xbox Series X. Firstly so I can continue a game I started on the OG Xbox on Series X and secondly in the hope these may be backed up to the cloud on Series X.

I own a softmodded OG Xbox with FTP access and unmodified 360 S and Series X consoles.

Is what I want to do possible and if so, how do I do it.

Thanks in advance!

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Sadly I don't think its possible. I was able to get my XG Xbox saves on to the 360 and use them. However I'm 99% sure you can't move them to the cloud storage on the 360 to get them to later consoles.

On the Xbox One / Series consoles I think all you can do is mess about with some saves for games that are cross platform with the PC, which the emulated OG Xbox games are not sadly.

One such tool to get your saves from the cloud is here: Xbox-Live-Save-Exporter: Export your local save from your Xbox Live or Game Pass games - Must be honest I have never personally used the tool, I don't think you can add saves back however.

3. egparadigm

egparadigm New Member

Thanks for the reply, good to know so I can stop trying to figure it out!

Out of interest, what eas your method to get them to 360? Whilst researching I realized that OG Xbox saves cannot be copied to/from 360 consoles, unlike 360 game saves (no option is given in the settings menu).

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I used the Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable - you can simply connect the Xbox 360's hard drive to a PC via USB, after doing that any application that can read FATX formatted drives will let you extract or inject data, such as Party Buffalo Drive Explorer.

You can also take the 360 hard drive out of its enclosure and connect it to a SATA port on a PC's motherboard, the data transfer cable is a lot more convenient however if you have an original phat 360.

egparadigm likes this.