cpu Temperatures

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by kinkywinky, May 30, 2012.

1. kinkywinky

kinkywinky Member

Hi guys, I`m looking for some advice please? I`ve just got my jtag Xbox360 back 2day from a friend of mine that serviced it for me. He said he replaced the thermal paste on the gpu, replaced the x-clamps & also cleaned everything inside the case. But since I`ve had it back, I turned it on & checked the temperatures in the FSD settiings & it says the CPU Temp. is running at about 79-83 degrees. The cooling fan at the back of the console is now really loud all the time. I don`t use the dvd drive as I only run my games off an external usb drive. So correct me if I`m wrong, But shouldn`t it be running cooler & quieter by now?
    Is there any way I can get it running quieter? Please guys, the noise is driving me nuts!

thanx...:'((xx)

2. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

The temperatures do seem a little high and the DVD drive won't affect it THAT much. Though if you do want it to run a little cooler (possibly a 5-10 temp decrease) and sound quieter at the same time, looking into getting an aftermarket fan. Find websites that have reviews of aftermarket fans for 360, i'm sure they'll tell you whether they decrease temperature and if they're quieter than a stock fan.

kinkywinky likes this.
  3. Rick

Rick Moderator

I have added a case fan to the top of my xbox 360, i had to cut the case.It runs on a 9v adapter.
    I'm not sure of the temperatures because my xbox isn't modded.