1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Custom Mystery Gift Events GBA

Discussion in 'User Created Pokemon Event Distributions' started by UndeadxReality, Aug 1, 2022.

1. UndeadxReality

UndeadxReality Member

How it all started:
    Back in March, I and another gen 3 enthusiast Goppier started a discussion on GBA events and decided to start reverse engineering and ultimately figure out how the Aurora Ticket Distribution Rom worked. It started with figuring out what we wanted to do first, considering as of starting this project we had some setbacks... The rom only supported FireRed and LeafGreen, the graphic for the rom strictly said it was distributing the "Aurora Ticket", and lastly if we wanted any custom content we had to make sure others were aware this wasn't original software. We started small by changing the wonder card and script into the Mystic Ticket event, then shortly after we discovered how to allow the software to interact with Pokémon Emerald. Goppier figured out how to alter the graphics so instead of "Aurora Ticket", it could instead read it was distributing the "Mystic Ticket". Then lastly we also decided to add a watermark so others won't get any bright ideas to claim them as original software.

WaterMark.png

About the Custom Distributions: As stated previously, every distribution rom available in this post is made from the Aurora Ticket, however there's different versions depending on the game you want to use them with (FRLG is for FireRed and LeafGreen versions, and EMER is for Emerald version.). They'll have their each "Now Sending" messages to prevent confusion. However please note that you can't use Emerald's Aurora Ticket distribution on FireRed and LeafGreen versions... even though that would be exciting!

FireRed and LeafGreen:

Aurora Ticket
    Mystic Ticket
    Altering Cave
    All 6 Wish Egg Pokémon (Chansey, Drowzee, Exeggcute, Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, and Lickitung)

Emerald:

Aurora Ticket
    Mystic Ticket
    Altering Cave
    Old Sea Map
    Eon Ticket

Details about the Scripts and Wonder Cards:
    As we worked on this project, we carefully decided how and if we were going to release this at all. However we ultimately made the decision that if we were going to release this, we needed more than just a watermark to prove it was custom. So we made the difficult choice to rework the wonder cards (aligning the text to make them all uniform), as well as using debug scripts found within the game to achieve the same result of obtaining the event items... just without using unpreserved event rom data. Lastly about the wish eggs, unfortunately the community hasn't been able to find the distribution rom, or the scripts alongside the wonder card... so we had to use the Pokémon Egg Gift (extended) script made by Suloku! The original rom for the wish eggs had a randomization function that as of this post hasn't been recreated, so we decided to still include all 6 separately in their own roms.

Equipment Required:

2x GBA's
    2x GBA Wireless Adapters
    1x Flash Cart
    1x English Language Emerald, FireRed or LeafGreen cartridge

Goppier's Video:

Credits:

Deoxyz - The member who initially released the Aurora Ticket Rom for the public.
    https://digiex.net/threads/pokemon-...ion-usa-gba-cartridge-rom-download-usa.14901/

Multiple members of the digiex and projectpokemon community that preserved, researched these events, and made all of the info available to the public (AJXPK, Bond697,Sabresite, Gridelin, and many more wonderful and amazing people involved.) All of you are on equal standing in terms of importance and we can't thank you enough for the time and sacrifices you've made for the community.

Last but certainly not least- Goppier: Without them, we would've never been able to bring these events to the community. Definitely give them huge thanks and also check out their YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGoppier

Attention:

Players need to download the newest updated files as it fixes headers, and most importantly allows players with an everdrive to use these files!

Download:

Mystery Gift (Digiex.net).zip

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    Zenrai_XIII, Rigi07, AlamosIT and 4 others like this.
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Amazing work Goppier & UndeadxReality, it's great to see people still interested in Gen 3 events in particular.

The work that has gone in to these and the attention to detail is really impressive, short of the actual distributions turning up, this is what the community has been waiting for! The video was also a great watch, needless to say I'm looking forward to see what the future brings.

UndeadxReality and AlamosIT like this.
  3. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

Amazing!❤️ Do you plan to create also versions with official wonder cards in other languages?

UndeadxReality likes this.
  4. UndeadxReality

UndeadxReality Member

Thank you InsaneNutter and AlamosIT! We definitely have a lot planned for the incoming future and we can't wait to share it with everyone! To answer your question AlamosIT, we would love to eventually bring in official wondercards and scripts and release them as another download. However for the time being, we need to figure out how to make sure that others won't get scammed on certain sites. We will be doing something, it'll just take some time, and a lot of discussion with the preservation community, and a lot of decision making from everyone involved!

InsaneNutter and AlamosIT like this.
  5. Pikazlino

Pikazlino Member

Hello,

I am looking Digiex ghostly since years to check regularly for new releases.
    Months ago I adapted every shared tickets wondercards in order to fix grammar mistakes and also to translate them for those which never happenned in french. I distributed them 2 years ago in a gaming bar during a Pokemon event : they were very appreciated by fans.
    They are looking very official like and they can be distributed currently using the option « transfer to a friend » in the mystery gift menu.
    I will find everything when I will go back home later and share these here.
    Feel free to use the files to make a french version of that modded distribution roms. Distribution will be even more « legit » compared to what I am doing now.

6. Rigi07

Rigi07 New Member

Thank you so much for this!

7. Zenrai_XIII

Zenrai_XIII New Member

Thank you for this! Would love to see this work for other languages too, since my original games are in German, but for now I'll just buy somewhere an English version and then trade the caught Pokémon to my German game - that should work, I think? Great work anyway!

8. UndeadxReality

UndeadxReality Member

You can actually use these roms on Spanish, Italian, German, French, and English titles! The wondercard and script will be in English but the flags are the same! There will be an update soon

9. Pikazlino

Pikazlino Member