"Detected storage drive device. Refreshing mounted drives."

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by IndeliblyStamped, May 15, 2024.

1. IndeliblyStamped

IndeliblyStamped New Member

Greetings. I acquired a JTAG Xbox 360 Jasper Arcade with a third party hard drive a few weeks ago. Thanks to some of the folks at gbatemp, I was able to create an HDDX partition that allows me to play original Xbox games. However, I have a question regarding "Detected storage drive device. Refreshing mounted drives."

When I plug my USB drive to the Xbox 360, a pop up message appears saying "Detected storage drive device. Refreshing mounted drives." and I can't get access to the Xbox 360 hard drive if I'm in XeXMenu. If I remove my USB while using XeXMenu I can navigate to the HDD. Does have anyone suggestions on how to fix this or to prevent the 360 from "refreshing mounted drives?" It seems to merge the HDD and the USB altogether at once and I was wondering if there's a way to prevent that from happening? Is there any way to isolate the USB, HDD and Memory Unit?

For the record, my USB works and it can load 360, Live Arcade and Xbox Classics from the Dashlaunch file manager just fine.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Does the drive work if its connected to the 360 when you power it on?

Its possible the usb hard drive might be going to sleep.

Check the hdalive feature in dashlaunch is enabled, then create an empty text file called alive.txt on the root of the hard drive.

That should hopefully keep the usb drive awake if so.

3. IndeliblyStamped

IndeliblyStamped New Member

As soon as I plug my USB in, the "Detected storage drive device. Refreshing mounted drives." pops up and I have access to my USB. The things is, when I'm using XeX Menu, I can see my USB0 but I can't navigate to the Xbox HDD or HDDX unless I plug my USB out. On Freestyle Dash I can see my USB, HDD, HDDX etc. Here's what's interesting. When I got my Xbox 360 JTAG, it didn't come with Dashlaunch or Xex Menu. I had to download and install those apps myself. WHen my 360 turns on, it launches straight to Freestyle Dash 3.