Halo 2 Title updates question.

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Kensou, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Kensou

Kensou New Member

Hi everyone. I know there is a Title update and DLC installer for Halo 2, I've used it and works great. But it only works on the US version of Halo 2, or rather, the US english version, it will not patch a NTSC spanish version of the game, the one sold in Latin America. The multiplayer map pack does patch it, in fact the map pack asks you the spoken language of the Halo 2 disc you have. This way I can get the 1.1 version, but I would like the 1.5 version.

The only solution I've managed to come up with and tested that it works, is to make a custom ISO and replace the default.xbe file with the patched one. But I would like it to work as inteded, that is, to load up the patch from the hard drive.

Is the executable different in any way? I don't seem to encounter any issues with my custom ISO. Or is it something to do the signing of the file?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

This is possible something @Harcroft might be able to assist you with, it might well be possible to make the existing content installer compatible with the Latin America version of Halo 2.

3. Kensou

Kensou New Member

Thanks for the reply, I'll try asking him.