Help Recovering data from Data0000, Data0001, etc. files for xbox 360

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by pinballwizard89, Aug 27, 2014.

1. pinballwizard89

pinballwizard89 New Member

Please see this thread, since this is very similar to my issue. I am operating on Windows 8.1.

https://digiex.net/help-center/cons...-my-usb-xtaf-files-data0000-files-usable.html

I am looking for a walk through process because the thread above skips a few crucial steps in the process.

In short, I backed up my xbox 360 hard drive in 2008 and migrated the files to my laptop. I recently got a new xbox 360 and am looking to recover my saved information and put it on my new hard drive. The files I have are in an xbox 360 folder containing file names "Data0000" ranging up to Data0005, with no extension.

My roadblock popped up when in the topic above mentioned merging the Data files as one file, so it can be read by xtaf; therefore enabling the OP to take the data needed and migrate it to their 360 via flash drive.

Even though I have not owned a 360 since 2008, I have revisited this issue because I wanted to be sure I'd be able to get it back someday. I have been working on this process for years and have not been able to get anywhere, so I would appreciate any help I can get.

2. Rick

Rick Moderator

Did you extract the individual files or used a backup option?