Help With Corrupt Profile

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by DeWiL, Feb 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DeWiL

DeWiL New Member

Would anyone be willing to help fix my corrupt profile, I could send it to you. It just became corrupted one day for no reason, never had such a problem. Tried a lot of things one of them was to use the flag con remover which didn't help. I don't use xbox live so I can't download my profile and I couldn't have been banned. After messing around a bit, I tried to inject my account.gpd file onto a different profile and that profile instantly got corrupted, then i tried to inject the main gpd with all the achievements and profile info and yet again it corrupted the other profile, so my guess is that my gpd files are corrupted or something don't know if it's all of them.

And it's weird, I can open the profile in horizon and it shows up fine. Le fluffie shows up fine, can even open those gpd files without a problem. But for some reason as soon as i put one of those gpd files onto another profile it gets corrupted.

Edit: So apparently it's not the gpd files itself, but basically if i open a profile in le fluffie and not doing anything just pressing save account in the profiles settings my profile instantly gets corrupted. Now the question is how do I uncorrupt my profile that I'm guessing got even more corrupted for using le fluffie.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Do you have an older version of your profile backed up that is not corrupted? you might be able to inject gpd's from your newer but corrupted profile in to that as a way of creating a working profile.

3. DeWiL

DeWiL New Member

Sadly I don't. I don't think it's possible to uncorrupt it. Tried almost everything, but is there a way to transfer all my achievements and data to a new profile? I've seen you do it in another thread, but I just don't know how to do it. Or maybe make another profile have my corrupt profiles ids and such so that it basically is my older profile instead of going through every save and resigning it to work with the new profile. Maybe those gpds are fine and I could just add them to another profile?

4. DeWiL

DeWiL New Member

Do you have discord or something we could use to contact each other. Since I basically have been messing around for almost a week now and I keep making new discoveries. Right now i managed to inject my main gpds into a new profile and my old profile shows. But like I asked before, would it be possible to make that new profile like my old one. Inject all the gpd files from the older profile into this new one and change all the ids?

5. DeWiL

DeWiL New Member

Ok. Finally. Fixed it. Was injecting every gpd file one by one until one of them showed me an error and i couldn't even rehash and resign and that's when the profile got corrupted. So then I removed that file and bam, uncorrupted. Now i went to my old profile and removed that gpd. Who could have thought, it worked.

InsaneNutter likes this.
  6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Glad you got it working again in the end @DeWiL

I would suggest backing your profile up often if you are playing offline only, especially if you are modding stuff.