How to make your own Avatar?

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Grippen, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Grippen

Grippen Member

Maybe there is a guide for this in the forum but I couldn't find it. I'm new here so my apologies for any mistake I may end up making :)

I'm also new in the Xbox world and specifically in the Jtag consoles. I struggled a lot yesterday in order to put freestyle in my console and copy the games via FTP. Anyway that is passed I have more or less everything as I want now.

One last thing I would want to do is to create my Avatar having that transparent creature all the time in the screen is not nice LOL. So today I downloaded all the xboxmarket avatar items (yes someone managed to compile well over 10 000 avatar items) and also the 360 Content Manager program.

My doubts are where to go from here? Where should I place the avatar items I want (because I read that putting them all is not a good idea will make the console very slow) and how to use them? Can I use them straight away in my profile (note that my profile is not on Xboxlive yet) or should I login into live first?

Thanks in advance :)

A little off topic and not to create a new one anyone had problems running the new Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed game?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

It sounds like your Jtag needs to have the kinect / avatar data installed, to do this just run the official system update for the dashboard you are on.

So say your Jtag is on 16202, the update you would want is here: https://digiex.net/downloads/downlo...stem-update-2-0-16202-0-download-avatars.html

NEVER run a system update that is newer than the dashboard your Jtag is on you will brick it. That will allow you to create an avatar and use the free items.

As for helping you pirate avatar items thats not something we can discuss here unfortunately, please see the notice at the top of all posts in the console help center

3. Grippen

Grippen Member

Actually I do have the latest dashboard I just checked in the system settings. Even they store that jtagged it told me that they always install the latest dashboard even though I just checked.

I can't go online xbox fails the internet and xboxlive tests don't know why. This is why I download the item but I understand that there is no support for this here :) this is the reason why my avatar is all transparent I think I never went online but correct me if I'm wrong

Any ideas of what may be causing the problem?

4. InsaneNutter

You can have the latest dashboard but not have the avatar data on the consoles hard drive, if you can not access the avatar customisation options then you do not have the data on the console for them. So you need to restore that by putting the system update that is the same as the dashboard version your on and running it.

Jtag / RGH can not go on live with a hacked dashboard and are banned instantly.

5. Grippen

Grippen Member

Tried to do it today not working I place the pen nothing pops up same with disc :(

6. InsaneNutter

Power the console off and back on (with the usb stick in) and it should restore the data.

If you have dash launch installed you need to rename it to $$ystemupdate or $ystemupdate (i forget which off the top of my head) and it should run.

7. Grippen

Grippen Member

Ye that did the trick it was the first one: $$ystemupdate

Thanks :) avatar setting is now working I also have to check that game which was giving error maybe now also works

8. InsaneNutter

Glad you got it working, some games (especially kinect ones) need the avatar data as avatars feature in the game.

AntiNaz likes this.
  9. Grippen

Grippen Member

Sorry for taking so long but yep it Sonic game is now working. I think I'm all set now :)