ISO: XBMC4XBOX

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by xxgreg27xx, Oct 25, 2018.

1. xxgreg27xx

xxgreg27xx New Member

I'm looking to put XBMC4Xbox on my original xbox and I can't find the download anywhere!!! Anyone know where I can get it? Thanks Greg

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

We have XBMC4XBOX v3.5.3 here on Digiex, if your Xbox is already modded you can just FTP that across.

3. xxgreg27xx

xxgreg27xx New Member

I bought it modded with xecuter 2 pro and it currently has evolution x on it which I don't care for. I'm new to this so how would I go putting this FTP on my xbox? Thanks Greg

4. InsaneNutter

If you connect the Xbox to your network it should show you its IP address on your Evolution X dashboard.

Simply enter this ip address in an FTP client such as FileZilla and use the username and password "xbox" to connect to the console. You can then unzip and FTP XBMC in to your apps folder. If you manage to do that I can teach you how to make it the default dashboard after, presuming it all works as intended.

5. xxgreg27xx

xxgreg27xx New Member

I got it transferred over to the xbox. Thanks for telling me how to do it. How do I make it my default? Is there any updates I need to do for it? Any good apps or anything I should install? Thanks Greg

6. InsaneNutter

Ensure XBMC is located in E:\Apps\xbmc\default.xbe

If its on your F:\ drive you need to move it over to E:\ and ensure you have a folder called Apps with the folder xbmc inside the Apps folder

If so then you can use the Xbox Signed Default XBE (Shortcut to XBMC) you would simply download and unzip this default.xbe and FTP it to your Xbox, overwriting your Evolution X's default.xbe

When you next boot the Xbox it will load that shortcut which will redirect it to load XBMC from E:\Apps\xbmc\default.xbe

Note: Evolution X will probably not let you overwrite its default XBE via FTP when it's loaded, so load XBMC first, then connect to the Xbox and FTP the default.xbe across.

That's what i did on Xbox's I softmodded for friends years ago and they still work well today, you might well have options on what to load in your Xecuter 2 pro's bios, however the above is a way to achieve what you want to do.