Le fluffie or Horizon, Safe?

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by BlockABoots, Jun 22, 2012.

1. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

I have a few games that im 1 or 2 achievements away from getting the full 1000 points on my Live Profile, mainly online based achievements. Is it safe to use Le fluffie or Horizon to unlock these 1 or 2 achievements if done correctly for example, dont unlock a stupid amount of achievements all at once. And follow these rules after unlocking the 1 or 2 achievements:

Log off
    Delete profile
    Download the profile again through xbl

if i follow these guide lines will my profile look legit to MS?

2. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

If you know how to Timestamp it right and make sure you make it say you unlocked them offline, if they're online only achievements, it wouldn't be a wise idea. That being said, if you mess up you can and WILL lose ALL of your gamerscore. I personally say it's not worth the risk but i'll leave that for you to decide.

3. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Are they actually time or date stamped?

Surely if i copy my profile to my PC to edit, then make sure im logged on with that profile on xbl and time stamp it for the same time it would look legit? As i was actually on xbl the same time i time stamped the online achievement??

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Think of it this way, you have unlocked a online achievement offline,

When you sign on to Xbox Live yes that will sync, however regardless of the time stamp or not i'm sure the Xbox server are going to say "hang on a minute, he never had this online only achievement last time he was online, how did he unlock it offline?"

If you care about your gamerscore it then its not worth the risk, if you dont mind been reset and moved to the cheater zone then you have nothing to worry about.

Most people i know who have hacked achievements like that got reset a month or two later, i could even name a few people on Digiex who have got reset for it.

5. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

But it the achievement is only date and not time stamped then they wouldnt be able to tell would they?, they would just see the date and say well he was online that day and played that game and see it as legit, now if it was time stamped aswell then i can see the problem??

Ok, i guess its best to leave the online based achievements alone then. That only leaves me with about 3 offline achievements that i can get off my own steam then. Thats the trouble with older games that have online achievements hardly anyone plays them anymore to allow you to get the achievements. So it would(in theory) be safe to use Le Fluffie or Horizon to unlock offline achievements only then?

6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

They could probably also see you never unlocked the achievement online at the date / time your profile says you did. The fact is no one knows exactly how its done, all we know is people get reset for using these programs no matter how careful they are.

Personally i wouldn't say its safe to even unlock offline achievements with programs like that, the general consensus is its possible to distinguish between achievements hex edited (that's what those programs do) and ones unlocked just by playing the game normally.

If you care about gamerscore dont cheat, its not worth the risk.