Need help getting latest Black Ops title update onto console (newbie)

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by 706, Jan 31, 2011.

1. 706

706 New Member

I'm in need of a little help here. I have 2 xboxes one old without any updates for quite a while and the other new with all updates and access to live. I basically want to install the latest title update for Black Ops onto the old xbox.

I found the tutorials on here and the TU I needed (thanks to everyone for that) however I am still having some trouble. I have injected the TU onto a usb stick via Xtaf, I did this at first and didn't have any luck, but the Xbox prompted me to create a profile on the USB, so I did this. I then injected it again, both in the normal Cache location and the location under content, which I had to create as it didn't exist.

Still doesn't work on the old xbox.

But I tried putting the usb into the new xbox, which doesn't have the TU which I have confirmed because if I play the game without the usb it will prompt me to download it. However with the usb plugged in I ran the game and it asked if I wanted to use the HDD or the USB, I chose USB and the game was the latest version. So I can confirm that the injection of the TU worked, it just won't work on the old xbox.

The only thing I can think of is that I need a dashboard update in order to use this TU. Does anyone know if this is true and if so how to do it? I don't really want to get all of the latest updates though.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

3. 706

706 New Member

Hey, thanks for the link, I will check it out tonight and give it a go. Does the new dashboard include the update that blocked backup copies of some games from working? Or is that a seperate update that won't be installed with this dashboard?

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

It depends on the DVD drive in your console, but yes it does.

You will have to update your dashboard sooner or later to play newer games on that console.