Need help with console and update

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by rudedoggx, Sep 30, 2010.

1. rudedoggx

rudedoggx New Member

Hey, it's my first post here, but I've been coming to this site for a long time.

Anyway I've got a problem concerning two different xboxes and the new dashboard update. I bought a slim and I got the 'open tray' error after a few weeks, so I sent it in for repair. During this time, I purchased another 360 to use while my slim was being repaired. I signed up for the dashboard preview using the console ID of the used xbox, and just got the update today. All of my data is stored on a flash drive, and I'm wondering what will happen when I plug that flash drive into my slim console. Will it update and be able to go online? If not, is there any way for me to delete the update from my flash drive?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

You can just use the flash drive as normal, i don't believe it will ask you to update when you use it on your slim.

3. rudedoggx

rudedoggx New Member

Are you absolutely sure? I don't want to take any chances. Thanks for responding, by the way.

4. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

It will not ask you to update, I use my flashdrive as my hard drive since whenever I tried to use my hard drive I got a E68 error. I have used my flashdrive on other 360 consoles after I received the update and have never been prompted to update on other consoles, so it should work just fine.

5. Corona

Corona Addict

Yep same here it wont :)

6. rudedoggx

rudedoggx New Member

Thanks guys